Talk

Advanced search

what to do?????

(8 Posts)
MaryP0p1 Wed 08-Jun-05 08:52:11

My family and I have just moved to Italy and are settling in very nicely, odd hiccup and all. I am a fully trained nanny with many years of experience of all kinds of childcare work.

Bearing in mind it is only June so I have the whole summer NOT to work if I choose and have a long holiday with my children while my DH works very hard.

Option 1 - available immediately. Au pair job. Not paying very well, 9-1 and then 3-7. Not sure if it 5 or 6 days a week. Advantage meet new people, slow start to working life, children can play with Italian children. They may not want me (age/children).

All other options mean waiting until September when DD and DS go to school.

Option 2 - English School - teaching English
Option 3 - Teaching English privately - pays much better
Option 4 - English playgroups charging good money, no sole responsibility, set times, places etc varied age group.

My head is spinning. I think I owe my family the time but then I think I might miss the oportunities. What to do?

HellyBelly Wed 08-Jun-05 08:57:19

Aren't you brave for making a move like that, good on you!

If it was me I think I would probably spend the time with the children over the summer. Maybe teaching English privately.

That's just me!

Good Luck!

ssd Wed 08-Jun-05 09:13:07

Hi Marypop! Nice to talk to you again! Glad you got there okay and are settling in okay!

I think if I was in your situation I would enjoy the first few months there with your own family, and start looking at jobs in the autumn. Opportunities will still be there then, even if they are different ones!

Good luck with everything!

Fennel Wed 08-Jun-05 09:35:27

I would prioritise what helped your children learn Italian - assuming they don't already speak it? so if that was an au pair job where the children could play with Italian children a lot I'd go for that

MaryP0p1 Fri 10-Jun-05 09:44:57

Thank you for your advice. I think unless somethin absolutely fab comes along I'm going to enjoy the summer.

HellyBelly Fri 10-Jun-05 09:58:51

Good for you!

SoftFroggie Fri 10-Jun-05 11:46:22

Enjoy the summer.

Then go for a combo of 3 & 4.

That's what I'd do.

MaryP0p1 Sat 11-Jun-05 07:15:31

So far so good on the enjoying the summer front.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now