Talk

Advanced search

term time work

(5 Posts)
purlease Mon 21-Sep-09 11:31:32

Does anyone do this in a commercial environment? I'm going into work later this week to discuss my return from maternity and want to explore options of working flexible hours. Much of my work is project based so with proper planning I think term time working is feasible. Would love to know if anyone else does this and can suggest how I can make a convincing argument to employers.

purlease Mon 21-Sep-09 13:08:29

any experience?

Speckledeggy Mon 21-Sep-09 18:58:52

I worked for an educational publisher once upon a time and some staff worked term time (the ones that dealt directly with schools) if that's any help.

morleylass Mon 21-Sep-09 20:13:51

Hi,
I don't exactly do term time only, but I have got an arrangement for 4 weeks unpaid leave during the summer holidays in addition to my annual leave. This means that I can cover most of the school holidays.

Unfortunately I left to work in a school but it didn't work out and was offered this new arrangement by the company I had left.

My job is also project based, so it shows that it can be done - you just hope that project implementation isn't during the school holidays!
hth
ML x

purlease Mon 21-Sep-09 22:12:48

thanks. I just need to convince employers it is workable - not sure if they will want to create a precedent as many of my colleagues have young families. May suggest trialling it next year and agree to go back in january rather than March. if they go with that we can review it later in the year to see if it works for both parties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now