Talk

Advanced search

Please help- Saturday Childcare, what are the options?????

(4 Posts)
Ginawantsanswers Wed 16-Sep-09 20:20:09

Hi,
Please help me here, I am a single mother to a 2year old, and I really want to train as a hairdresser.... problem being that even if I do part time hours the likelyhood is I'll have to work saturdays as its a salon's busiest day. Every vacancy I've seen includes saturdays. I have no family to have my son, his father is as useless as he is unreliable, what are the options?
I'd be applying for working tax credits, so will there be problems if I use two sources of childcare etc/??? Help- I'm baffed, dont even know where to start, why aren't nurseries open on Saturdays anyway????!!!!
Thanks, Gina (enfield, london)

pippel Wed 16-Sep-09 20:29:23

My childminder would do Saturdays that's rare though, but there's no harm in ringing local cms and seeing if any of those

there would be no problem using two different childcare providers as long as you told the tax credit people

or you could contact local colleges and seeing if any of the childcare students wanted some experience, money and a reference which is important to get a childcare job. They wouldn't be ofsted registered so you would have to pay for it yourself, but they would have a crb.

AvadaKedavra Wed 16-Sep-09 20:30:41

Lots of childminders will do weekend, you may be surprised how many especially given the current financial climate.

Ginawantsanswers Wed 16-Sep-09 21:23:58

Thanks guys x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now