Talk

Advanced search

Does this sound dodgy to you?

(5 Posts)
pacinofan Mon 14-Sep-09 17:29:02

I went for an interview last week with an agency for a job as as a catering assistant in schools across the area. I completed all the forms, including the CRB check. Next day and every day thereafter I am receiving calls from the agency to start work same day. When I asked to check that my CRB check was through, they said no not yet, but not to worry it's fine to start without one as it can take weeks. Is it me, or does this sound completely insane? What is the point of getting checked if you can start without work without the check in place?

echofalls Mon 14-Sep-09 21:51:40

Our local council placed me in a kitchen in a secondary school where I had absolutely no contact with children until my check came back. Hope this helps.

lowrib Mon 14-Sep-09 22:05:31

Yes it sounds insane, but I had the same thing said to me by an agency when I was working in a nursery (about 8 years ago though - just after the CRB came in I think).

littleducks Mon 14-Sep-09 22:07:48

normal

nigglewiggle Mon 14-Sep-09 22:08:52

From what I understand you can do this as long as you are prevented from having unaccompanied access to children. A bit of a PITA for the school, but they must be desperately in need of staff. Having said that, your role does not sound like it would involve lone access to children.

Congrats on your new job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now