Talk

Advanced search

how does this covering letter sound?

(13 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Thu 10-Sep-09 13:01:24

Dear Sir/Madam

I am applying for the post of Assistant Telephones Manager , and in so doing attach my CV for your consideration.

I am especially interested in this position as I feel that my communication, coaching and motivational skills, in addition to my passion for helping others achieve, would be an asset in this role.
I believe I would be a good candidate due to my extensive experience in leading and motivating a team to exceed customer service targets, in a call centre environment, for the XXX Group. I have 10 years of experience leading and developing staff to exceed individual, team and centre targets. I also developed underperforming staff whilst keeping top performers motivated in order to achieve targets in customer service, sales and risk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

LoveBeingAMummy

Thanks

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Thu 10-Sep-09 13:36:04

I'm not sure that 'an asset' works as you've listed a few things which would be 'assets' and that doesn't sound right. Perosnally, I'd reword that bit. But the rest sounds spot on.

Might be worth phoning and finding out the name of the person who will receive your letter- they like it if you've made an effort to find out their name.

Not that I want to 'tell you what to do' as such blush

HTH

nickelbabe Thu 10-Sep-09 13:40:27

instead of the asset comment maybe put "would make me ideally suited to the role" or "are essential qualities for this roel"

nickelbabe Thu 10-Sep-09 13:40:43

role

nickelbabe Thu 10-Sep-09 13:41:55

agree about the name too: then put yours sincerely when you put the name.

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 10-Sep-09 16:49:06

Cheers guys it was that bit that didn't sound right to me.

Not sure I can get a name its an application process through their web site.

Keep your fingers crossed for me got to get my CV finished now.

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Thu 10-Sep-09 18:02:25

Fingers well and truly crossed, good luck

lisasimpson Thu 10-Sep-09 18:21:43

you have mentioned the word targets three times - I take it this is v. important to the role? is there something else you could mention instead which is a requirement of the person spec.?

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 10-Sep-09 18:56:39

Cheers lisa, call centres are very targeted so probably why i didn't notice lol, will se what I can change it too.

LoveBeingAMummy Thu 10-Sep-09 19:21:11

OK so revised version let me know what you think

Dear Sir/Madam

I am applying for the post of Assistant Telephones Manager , and in so doing attach my CV for your consideration.

I am especially interested in this position as I feel that my communication, coaching and motivational skills, in addition to my passion for helping others achieve, would make me ideally suited to the role.
I believe I would be a good candidate due to my extensive experience in leading and motivating a team to deliver excellent customer service in a call centre environment, for the XXXXX Group. I have 10 years of experience leading and developing staff to exceed individual, team and centre targets. I also developed underperforming staff whilst keeping top performers striving to exceed objectives in customer service, sales and risk.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

LoveBeingAMummy

gallery Thu 10-Sep-09 20:11:13

sounds good to me

TotallyAndUtterlyPaninied Fri 11-Sep-09 13:00:19

Looks good to me, too.

LoveBeingAMummy Sat 12-Sep-09 07:35:46

thanks guys

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now