Talk

Advanced search

Holy crap! I have an interview this week for a P/T job....

(7 Posts)
wahwahwah Mon 07-Sep-09 17:30:55

So what do I wear, what do I tell them I have been doing for the past 5 years (beyond watching Trisha and eating chocolate!!!). Eeek!!!!!!

Mumwhensdinneready Mon 07-Sep-09 17:53:39

Career Break grin.
Whatever the job, dress smart but not too formal. Standard black work trousers and a bright top?

wahwahwah Mon 07-Sep-09 17:58:52

I was thinking of a suit. It's all I used to wear. Boring old suits. I do have a Boden shirt - too fussy and flowery though? Jacket maybe?

Mumwhensdinneready Mon 07-Sep-09 18:12:32

Why not go with the suit and be prepared to take the jacket off if you feel over-dressed?

As long as you look as though you've made an effort, it's really more what you say in the interview --unless the job has something to do with appearances?

wahwahwah Mon 07-Sep-09 18:17:22

I do get a bit sweaty when stressed out...

wahwahwah Mon 07-Sep-09 18:28:33

And another thing - they want me to tell them how much I want. How do I work out salary - is pro rata work out comparable with full time work (or does it generally pay less than full time)? It has been so long since I worked I am sure salaries have increased anyway.

Mumwhensdinneready Mon 07-Sep-09 19:04:26

Quote the full time rate. Shouldn't be lower rate for PT. Do you know what your old job pays now? That might be unrealistic though if you are so rusty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now