Talk

Advanced search

Advice please

(4 Posts)
IUsedToBePeachy Wed 02-Sep-09 10:52:30

Am looking for work and know my chanvces are low to vanished anyway at the moment, but have the issue that application forms all want a reference from alst employer: have been studying since 2004, but my employer before then was a charity that closed the franchise I worked for because they went under financially, and completely ceased to exist.

I've been explaining this on the form, offering a previous employer as well as my Uni Professor and giving details of a third reference to compensate bt is that OK? Or am I largely stuffed, as I suspect?

Portofino Wed 02-Sep-09 10:58:45

I think that sounds reasonable. Most employers must have come across this before - particularly in today's financial climate. Are you still in contact with any old colleagues there?

IUsedToBePeachy Wed 02-Sep-09 11:00:51

No sadly not Porto, there were only 4 of us anyway,and I was off on mat Leave last few mnths as well.

Am hop9ng as I am applying for LEApositions that the fact Ex Ex Emplyer was a College of FE will help as well, but still arrghhhh LOL

Mamulik Wed 02-Sep-09 17:32:23

as long as you honest about your prev. employer, charity sounds good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now