Talk

Advanced search

please help, what do I put on my cv if I haven't worked for 4 years?

(5 Posts)
MojoLost Tue 01-Sep-09 12:40:33

I need to send off my cv by tomorrow, but I don't know what employers expect to see if someone has been off work for sometime. I haven't worked for the past 4 years (my own decision), I've been with my kids full time.

Do I leave it out? Do I mention it?

I haven't done any courses, nothing but look after my kids (specially my boy with special needs).
HEELPplease.

AMumInScotland Tue 01-Sep-09 12:50:47

Personally, I would put something like "2005 - present: full-time parent" or whatever term for SAHM you find most comfortable with. Otherwise they don't know if you've been unemployed, or in prison, or what.

Then in the covering letter, make sure you say why you have the skills and experience they are looking for in this post, as your previous work experience isn't so current.

MojoLost Tue 01-Sep-09 12:54:24

Thanks amuminscotland.

mumof2222222222222222boys Tue 01-Sep-09 13:12:23

career break?

rita2007 Fri 04-Sep-09 22:20:38

mojo

let me know if you are being considered for the same type of roles now that you were 4 yrs ago or if you have to take a step back to get back into the work world.

it looks like i may have to be a stay at home FT mom for a year or two and want to know what impact it would ahve on my prospects in long run. any advice for me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now