Talk

Advanced search

Ok, so I need two refs on a job application, what do I do?!

(6 Posts)
mustrunmore Sat 15-Aug-09 21:13:16

Have been a SAHM for 5 years.
Made redundant on maternity leave of last job, business folded, not in touch with any bosses from there now.
Previous job, loved it, have got a great written ref, but both bosses sold up and moved on. But I have contact details for my line manager, so she can be ref number one.
She was also my boss for the job before that (moved company after she did), so no new ref from that employment.
Before that, and we're talking years ago, I could give a standard HR address, but thet only confirm you worked there, its their policy not to give a 'proper' reference.

So who do i put as my second reference? Not supposed to be a personla reference, although ds1 says I could put him down grin

kitkatqueen Sun 16-Aug-09 00:57:55

Ok what stuff have you been doing in last 5 years? could you get a reference from a playgroup organiser, any volunteer work?

sorry probably not much help - clutching at straws

kitkatqueen Sun 16-Aug-09 00:58:36

can you facebook search the missing bosses?

blinks Sun 16-Aug-09 01:21:07

make up fictional voluntary work and get friend to do it.

<immoral and proud>

mustrunmore Sun 16-Aug-09 07:59:15

Blinks, therre is one person I could do that with and it would only be a slight bend of the truth!

Done some pta stuff, but as its all equal, who could I ask from that?!

Old bosses are on facebook I think, but one on other aside of world, both with two small kids, and they've not responded to my general hello messages hmm . But I'll try again!

blinks Sun 16-Aug-09 10:14:56

just make sure you warn the friend.

i have been the reference for many a friend's fictional job (self employed).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now