Talk

Advanced search

Chartered Company Secretary?

(4 Posts)
Buddy80 Thu 30-Jul-09 17:09:16

Calling all those who are Chartered or training. Was a commercial contracts manager, now a SAHM. I am considering becoming a Company Secretary. Any advice/comments. smile

Speckledeggy Tue 04-Aug-09 18:40:03

I'm not a Co Sec but have worked quite closely with them in the past.

I guess it depends on who you work for but in my experience it's a demanding job with erratic hours. Lots of dealings with Directors (who are always a headache) and if you're involved in company takeovers then lots of late nights.

It's not the most child friendly of careers!

Buddy80 Tue 04-Aug-09 20:19:54

Thank you for your response! I was thinking my poor thread was going unanswered. I've worked alongside a few COSEC's myself and the hours can vary. The qualification in itself may be handy to have. I did post a thread a while ago asking for any ideas for a career change for a commercial contracts manager smile

Speckledeggy Tue 04-Aug-09 23:29:33

Hmmm... Well, the Assistant to the Co Sec at our firm has just finished his exams. From what I can gather it was expensive and quite a slog on top of a full time job. I've always thought it was the job that I would least like to do!

Not sure what else you could do, soemthing to do with Governance maybe?

Workloads are ridiculous these days. I'd rather be a SAHM to be honest! (Not very helpful I know!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now