Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Usbourne, Avon, Mini IQ. Pheonix etc

(6 Posts)
DuddleDipper Thu 30-Jul-09 10:11:51

Hi All

I am considering signing up to a direct selling scheme and have a few queries which I hope you can help with. I know you have to register as self employed etc but what happens when you are already employed pat time and are paying tax and NI through PAYE ? Do companies provide you with Public Liability Insurance, and what about business rates on your house and car insurance when you have registered self employed ? Is your stock covered by home contents insurance ? Anyone know, I wouldn't want to a few extra bob and then just spend it on the costs !!

DuddleDipper Thu 30-Jul-09 14:58:20

Is everyone still out at the park ?

DuddleDipper Thu 30-Jul-09 22:15:47

one final bump

anniebear Tue 04-Aug-09 19:05:19

try My Friend, she is an Usborne Organiser and will be able to help you

thats her website, contact her through that , she is really lovely and will be able to advise you

ElaineTiddlywinks Fri 28-Aug-09 00:00:26

Message withdrawn

Brid72 Fri 09-Oct-09 20:14:35

You may have already found something but yes you do have to register and fill in a self assessment but you just include on that your current job and PAYE information. The HMRC I have found are really helpful so I would contact them. Some companies pay public liability others don't you would have to ask, but you can get it at a reasonable cost if they don't.

I have been an agent for Tish Tash Toys for over two years now and I love it. Direct selling is great if you are looking for something flexible to do from home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: