Talk

Advanced search

to those of you studying whilst being a sahm....

(4 Posts)
mum2samandalex Thu 16-Jul-09 14:17:38

ive noticed a few people can't afford to go back to work and are making the most of their time of being a sahm by studying. Just wondered what and where are you doing it? Is it evening school, university or ou university? And what courses are you studying? Does this mean you get any help towards childcare or fee's

Makingchanges Thu 16-Jul-09 14:28:48

I study through OU and Home Learning college -so I can study in my own time and is reasonable flexible - Studying 'Understanding Children' and 'Childcare, learning and development. I don't get any help towards fees etc but I believe it depends on household income totals

I want to be a teacher and so this is helping me with childcare laws etc and I help out in a few primary schools as well. Its not worth me working with the hours and childcare etc but I need to be doing something other than housework so it works for me until I can get on a PGCE course

mum2samandalex Thu 16-Jul-09 14:37:09

im thinking of doing a PGCE course eventually. With the course you doing does it require work experience? Just looked at the ou website and im so confused. I already have a diploma in nursing but gave thie career up years ago to be sahm so havent a clue whethe this goes towards anything if went on to do a degree.

canttouchthis Thu 16-Jul-09 20:46:41

I'm not studying yet but intend to start next year, training as a clinical hypnotherapist so that I can be based in the home. Also am a SAHM in the meantime.
The course would involve mostly self-study with some scheduled classes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now