Talk

Advanced search

daughter 4 months - back to work dilemma

(4 Posts)
Vizzle Mon 13-Jul-09 13:44:55

Oh I've got a dilemma. And feel free to tell it tough if you think I'm being spoilt...

I got made redundant just before DD was born and got enough cash to have a year off.

Now my employer has offered me well paid work, 3 days a week for 6 weeks as they need help on a project.

I'd love to do it and mum would love to look after baby but she's only 4 months. Is it too soon? She's my little best mate.

My main motivation for going back is to get a bit of the old me back - I love my little girl so much but I can't get used to being at home.

My parents and partner say go for it, but I was determined to make a go of being a full time mum.

ninedragons Mon 13-Jul-09 13:47:33

It's only part-time for six weeks. I'd say go for it. That leaves plenty of time for stay-at-home mumming.

It's not like they're trying to chain you to your desk for 70 hours a week for the next 12 years.

llareggub Mon 13-Jul-09 13:47:55

Any chance you could do some of it from home? So a day in the office and 2 "days" at home? I went back part-time when DS1 was 5 months and really enjoyed it.

karenleigh Tue 14-Jul-09 11:50:33

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now