Talk

Advanced search

What to wear for interview

(3 Posts)
Helennn Mon 13-Jul-09 11:42:14

Now, I know I may be a little out of date, but I have an interview on Thursday for a secretarial post. I haven't worked properly for 10 years so am extremely nervous and out of touch.

Is it now perfectly acceptable to wear trousers to an interview or is a skirt better? I already have a decent pair of smart trousers so could just buy a new top/blouse and hope it's warm enough to get away with not buying a jacket.

Any thoughts anybody?

ps I have also ordered a book on punctuation before anybody comments grin

moffat Mon 13-Jul-09 11:46:40

I would say trousers are fine, mind you I haven't been to a job interview in 15 yrs.

flowerybeanbag Mon 13-Jul-09 13:56:47

Might depend what kind of industry it is and what you'd be wearing to work if you got the job. I think you should ideally go to an interview one stage smarter than whatever the normal dress code in that office is, so you look like you've made an effort. If you're not wearing a suit, then a skirt without jacket is smarter than trousers without jacket I think. But then again if they all wear jeans to work then smart trousers will be more than smart enough.

What kind of company is it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now