Talk

Advanced search

Dreading going back to work...how am I and my DS going to cope??!!!?!...sounds familiar?

(3 Posts)
netmommy Wed 08-Jul-09 22:08:39

So, after a lot of comtemplation and discussions and forecasts etc. I've decided to go back to work and due to start next month but when I see my DS now 8m...the whole thing slaps at my face. On one hand it is not all that bad cuz i'll be wrkg 3 days a week mon-wed full day which means i get t spend 4 days of the week with him. My in-laws ae here to look after him until he's 1 and then he goes to a Cm.My DH is in a well paid job but the troubled times and the fact that i have a secured job has resulted in my decision. But still, motherhood is probably the best thing that has happened to me and I am dreading the feeling of being away from my baby.

I am trying to go out leaving him with my MIL sometimes but cant seem to stay out for long...i just miss him so much!!

Sorry to keep this going...but I have been trying to speak to other mums in playgroups etc. but havent had any luck..as you can imagine i need some serious advice and motivation!! your experiences and how you both coped....

spicemonster Wed 08-Jul-09 22:14:02

It's hard at first, I won't lie to you. If your ILs are going to look after him, then I'd do a settling period with them exactly as you would at a nursery or CM - leave him for an hour, then 2 then build up gradually to a day. I went back to work when my DS was 7 months and the first time I left him, I sat in the cafe across from the nursery in case he needed me. Now he's 2, I regularly drive about 150 miles away every day and think nothing of it.

It gets better. Just keep telling yourself that ...

karenleigh Tue 14-Jul-09 11:59:19

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now