Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to get childcare p/t or f/t just for a 2 week period?

(6 Posts)
CherryChoc Wed 10-Jun-09 12:41:25

I have no idea what section to put this in, sorry. I have been contacted by a company I used to work for and they have offered me 2-3 weeks of work starting 20 July, it would be flexible (I'd probably do part time) and they're a small friendly company so are being quite relaxed about arrangements/me letting them know etc.

The problem is childcare - I have a DS who will be 9.5 months. My MIL said she'd be happy to look after him for a few hours a week, when I was pg, but she's since got a new (part time) job so I'm not sure whether she still would (or whether she'd want to do the whole 2 week period anyway) - I am going to contact her first, but I think it's best to cover all bases and assume she isn't able to do all of it, what are my options? I assume nurseries etc won't take a child for just 2 weeks - what about a childminder? And is there anything else likely to be an issue I haven't thought of?

CherryChoc Wed 10-Jun-09 16:12:35

bump

CMOTdibbler Wed 10-Jun-09 16:15:24

Ring your local nurseries and ask - in July they are often down on numbers as teachers children not there etc, so may be able to take your DS

wotulookinat Wed 10-Jun-09 16:18:22

If I were you, I would find a local childminder - I did it a few weeks ago when my usual childminder was away and I needed someone to have my son one day I week while I was on a course.
NetMums list local childminders, so it could be worth looking on there.

shellchildminder Wed 24-Jun-09 07:13:05

Hi i am a registered childminder if you cantat me we could have a chat but i would do 2 weeks for you, i am in the bury/bolton area of manchester if thats any help to you.

Twims Wed 24-Jun-09 07:27:11

Whereabouts are you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now