Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Job application advice please

(15 Posts)
nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:09:33

I have just seen a job I would like to apply for but am not sure what to put about recent employment.

Before I had Dd1 7 years ago I worked part time as a housekeeper at a hotel, i think i was there for about 10 mths.

When dd1 was about 18mths old i became a childminder and looked after a couple of different children part time.

So which job do i put as my most recent??? I know the childminding was most recent and it would be more applicable to the job that i'm applying for BUT who would they contact for a reference ???? I don't know any of the mindees parents anymore, i don't know their addresses or anything.

If i put the first job only, i think it won't look as good and isn't as applicable to the job.

Help

Oh the job is making up special feeds in a childrens hospital by the way.

Mud Sun 08-May-05 17:11:31

just put them all down in chronological order

nikcola Sun 08-May-05 17:12:23

are you going to work and go to college nutty?

are you excited aboiut starting college

good luck with the job xxxxxx

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:12:27

But I won't be able to provide an employers reference for the childminding , what would they do about that ??

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:13:33

Well college will be all day monday Nik, and this job is 4 days a week but includes alternate weekends. I am hoping that if i said what the course was etc etc that they might be flexible about the mondays, especially if i said i could cover any weekends.

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:14:18

I would really like this job and it would help alot when it comes to applying to uni i think.

Mud Sun 08-May-05 17:14:44

it doesn't matter, you were self-employed . .you took a break to raise your family but needed to still earn money and chose to be self-employed .. you are now ready to re-enter the workforce and believe you can benefit this company through ...

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:14:44

Have you heard anything about your job yet Nik ???

nikcola Sun 08-May-05 17:14:58

wow you will be busy nut

good luck let us no how you get on

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:15:13

Right ok, thanks Mud. I am truly crap at job application forms.

nikcola Sun 08-May-05 17:15:14

yeh i got interview on tuesday

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:16:02

thats great Nik, loads of luck to you

nikcola Sun 08-May-05 17:19:11

you too nutxxx

nutcracker Sun 08-May-05 17:19:54

Thanks

Surfermum Sun 08-May-05 20:36:02

I would put both jobs down. I would also suggest that you just choose two referees and put in a covering letter to explain who your referees are and why it isn't a recent employer. I'm sure that will be fine. It wouldn't put me off shortlisting you if you applied for a job at my place. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now