Talk

Advanced search

anybody went to work after ML and happy ?)

(31 Posts)
Mamulik Sun 31-May-09 17:19:27

I am going tomorrow and cann't wait, anybody like me ?)

LyraSilvertongue Sun 31-May-09 17:23:13

ML?

LyraSilvertongue Sun 31-May-09 17:23:33

Oh,maternity leave.

Jacksmama Sun 31-May-09 17:28:31

Not me. Sorry.

hercules1 Sun 31-May-09 17:30:46

Bit nervous but prefer working rather than being at home.

MissMitford Mon 01-Jun-09 19:47:54

Well, this is my second week back and so far so good. Doing 4 day week and had lovely time with DS on Friday and over weekend. Today he went off happily to nursery and I went off happily to work and honestly felt pretty much content with the situation.

BlameItOnTheBogey Mon 01-Jun-09 19:49:06

Yes me! I am loving it. I think the key is a) childcare you are happy with and b) a job you enjoy. I've been back 3 months now and I really am enjoying things. Good luck!

Nappyzoneisabeetrootrunner Mon 01-Jun-09 19:50:56

yes me - well first time iwas a bit unsure but 2nd time it was a welcome break smile. The first year is the hardest i found but not through seperation through them always being ill!

nowwearefour Mon 01-Jun-09 19:51:39

oh yes- i went back after both sets of ML on a 2 day a week basis. i am happy with the childcare and happy with the job. i love the balance in my ife. it is great and i am so pleased DH persuaded me i would benefit from returning. he was so right.

NeedaNewName Mon 01-Jun-09 19:57:39

Yes, I love my job and ma a better mum for being out of the house 3 days a week.

I know it doesn't suit everyone, but it suits me

Karam Mon 01-Jun-09 22:06:18

Blame it, I agree but for me I'd also add a c) working part time. I love the fact that three days I'm out at work doing a job a love and being challenged, but four days a week I'm home being mummy. Prefect balance for me!

hf128219 Mon 01-Jun-09 22:07:55

Love it! Had a year off and then went straight back to full time.

janeite Mon 01-Jun-09 22:10:22

Yes me. DD1 was 12 weeks and dd2 10 weeks when I returned and I was glad to go back. Having said that I was quite career minded then (and much younger and poorer!). Now, I'd jump at the chance to have a long maternity leave with a dc3!

janeite Mon 01-Jun-09 22:10:50

Returned full-time but dp was a SAHD.

giantkatestacks Mon 01-Jun-09 22:14:34

no, sadly not - enjoyed the first time around but not this time...though I do like eating a nice lunch in peace.

EachPeachPearMum Mon 01-Jun-09 22:57:44

<ahem> janeite -anything you want to tell me?

norksinmywaistband Mon 01-Jun-09 23:03:08

Yes, but only because the first thing I had to do was put in a risk assessment and notify them of my PG grin

Orissiah Tue 02-Jun-09 14:43:59

I love being back at work (fulltime) as I was bored towards the end of my ML and love my job. But the key to my happiness is not simply a job I love but the fact that my LO's childcare is terrific and she loves it.

Rollergirl1 Tue 02-Jun-09 15:22:08

Bit too early to tell seeing as my first day back today!

This is my second return to the same job and company after maternity leave. I enjoyed going back after my DD but only worked for 5 months before falling pregnant again and only there for a year before going off on maternity leave again.

I have been itching to get back (I work 3 days a week) but found leaving DS who was 1 year last week really tough this morning as he was so upset. I'd forgotton what a wrench it is in the early days. I have already called twice to see how he is.

However i am envisaging that once he is settled he will love it as much as his big sis does. And i can relax back into work.

OrmIrian Tue 02-Jun-09 15:23:33

Nope. I was a mess each time. But it didn't last all that long apart from with DD when I had bad PND.

Mamulik Tue 02-Jun-09 17:19:21

I am happy to hear so many of you happy to be back!! Well done)

janeite Tue 02-Jun-09 20:29:19

EachPeach - have been trying to convince dp how lovely it would be to go for number 3, as I hit 40 next year but it's a no-no. Realistically, he is right but I have lovely, lovely names all picked out!!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 02-Jun-09 21:08:41

ooh- why are you here... and not at RG? I popped in with ds, to drop off a book, but you weren't there... we only stopped 5 minutes though.
Ummm... having names is not a reason to have another! grin

janeite Tue 02-Jun-09 21:14:41

But they are LOVELY names! Did you not get my email about reading group, ages ago? Will send you another!

EachPeachPearMum Tue 02-Jun-09 23:20:27

nope! Have got tonights though smile
will respond at a more sensible hour...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now