Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done the Tesco application psychometric test

(16 Posts)
mummytummy Wed 30-Mar-05 20:07:06

Before being a SAHM I worked in London as a legal sec. I wouldn't mind doing a little bit of work to get away from the house, and don't want the hassle of sorting out childcare for a 9-5 position, so DH suggested getting an application form for Tesco. Wow - I've never seen anything like it, the psychmetric test is really hard. Has anyone done this test and failed? I am really worried that I have filled it in in an unsuitable way.

sassybabee Thu 07-Apr-05 14:44:39

got one today lol! its mind boggleing, need to go throu it when kids in bed,lol! have you done yours now??

lunavix Thu 07-Apr-05 15:06:40

Is it that thing with the 'would you... a) tidy the shop floor b) serve a customer c) save a drowning baby or d) resusitate a heart attack victim' thing?

Apparently I did quite well... but I have to admit by number 7 my mind went dead and I randomly picked the rest

Toothache Thu 07-Apr-05 15:10:36

Mummytummy - My DH is just about to finish his management training with Tesco and has been interviewing all week. He's just showed my brother how to fill it in to GUARANTEE an interview. Want any tips??

sassybabee Thu 07-Apr-05 16:07:20

i would please toothache, any help gratefully excepted! going back after a 5 year break, so brain is fryed,lol

Toothache Fri 08-Apr-05 08:12:58

Sassybabee - No probs. If you CAT me then I can send you the 'best' answers this evening. Don't want to post them on the Net though in case Tesco launch an investigation !

I'm at work at the moment, but Mumsnet will send your details to me home address.

sassybabee Fri 08-Apr-05 08:29:48

Hi toothace, i have catted you! ( meow,lol!)
speaks soon xx

sassybabee Fri 08-Apr-05 08:30:04

toothache even,lol

gscrym Fri 08-Apr-05 08:35:52

We do them at work and according to our training department, you can't fail the, just point to different parts of your character.

Toothache Fri 08-Apr-05 08:41:50

Gsrcym - In Tesco they have certain criteria that guarantee you an interview though.

gscrym Fri 08-Apr-05 08:48:24

Thank god our place doesn't. I filled in mine after a nightshift and about 20 minutes sleep. I do remember it had a ridiculous number of questions (about 50,000 to be finished in 8.2 seconds).

Toothache Fri 08-Apr-05 08:50:30

lol, I think the Tesco one is quite job specific though, rather than just about your personality. I done those tests before, it's scary when they tell you what kind of person you are! Cheeky Gits.

sassybabee Fri 08-Apr-05 20:32:13

did you get my cat toothache??

Toothache Fri 08-Apr-05 23:34:51

Sassybabee - Sorry it took me so long, but I've snet you email. GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you would have scored well without my input though.

sassybabee Sat 09-Apr-05 09:58:49

many thanx, will let you know my outcome!!!

louee Sat 09-Apr-05 10:59:55

yeah i've done that got the interview and a job out of it ,did help that hubby is a store manager at tesco only thing is i became pregnant and never went back after.... good luck to anyone going for it!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: