Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone have any ideas for working from home?

(21 Posts)
juicychops Sun 27-Mar-05 15:46:05

my DS is 10 weeks old and although i have a while til my maternity leave ends i really really really dont want to go back to work! but i have to do some kind of job cos we need the money plus i think i would go brain dead if i didnt do something! Anyone got any ideas of a good way of making money from home? Im trying to get into ebay trading at the moment

sahara Sun 27-Mar-05 16:42:18

Hello you couldn't let me know if you find out, I would love to work but have 3 kids, 2 under 5 so I'm a SAHM right now.
But I would sure like to be WAHM (work at home mum) if their is such a thing.
Good luck

juicychops Sun 27-Mar-05 17:14:35

Yeah, Il let ya know if i think of anything or if i get any suggestions. ive been racking my brain for months now but no luck what so ever!!

Pinotmum Sun 27-Mar-05 17:26:52

There was a thread earlier this week asking the same question - think the title is What could I do? in the Going back to work section - have a look. Sorry too thick to do links

pinotgrigio Sun 27-Mar-05 17:59:15

Hi Mum!

When I was a SAHM I did Usborne Books, Phoenix Cards, set up a freelance website design company and sold lots of stuff on Ebay.

Phoenix (cards) was the best, better than Usborne (childrens books). Ebay is a great way of making money too, especially if you're trying to de-clutter.

Good luck with whatever you find!

sahara Sun 27-Mar-05 18:05:46

Wait come back, Where did you get the info on those things. Please let us know.
thanks

Jimjams Sun 27-Mar-05 21:49:20

I do lots AQA (any questions answered) Phoenix cards, mini IQ, and Usana (with ghosty- are you talking to her at the moment?) and am triaing to be a homeopath. Long term plan is to combine the homeopathy usana and mini IQ together to give a very decent salary. This years plan is to earn a proper income from mini-IQ. I have ads in the relevant sectiions but CAT me if you want more details.

pinotgrigio Sun 27-Mar-05 22:21:50

Was that for me? If so, with Usborne and Phoenix it's best to get involved locally (for support etc), but here are some websites where you can send off for the info, & they'll hook you into your local team if you're interested. I hope this helps! Jimjams stuff sounded interesting too. I'm about to return to being a SAHM, so I'll check those out myself.

Usborne Books
Phoenix Cards

PS. First time I've done links, so apologies if they don't work.

Dior Sun 27-Mar-05 22:34:49

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Sun 27-Mar-05 22:37:10

Do you have secretarial skills? You could do typing work from home/transcription - there are agencies I think.

I work from home but for my old employer and it's very specific so can't really help you on what I do.

Good luck - some good ideas here!

Jimjams Sun 27-Mar-05 23:00:24

where are you pinot? My team leader is very good with support- if you're anwyhere near her I'd recommend it in particular.

kama Sun 27-Mar-05 23:04:06

Message withdrawn

Jimjams Sun 27-Mar-05 23:13:17

kama if you type in teleworking UK into google you may find something. or you could mailshot local small businesses offering your services.

kama Mon 28-Mar-05 01:16:51

Message withdrawn

pinotgrigio Tue 29-Mar-05 14:10:48

Jim Jams - I'm in Surrey. Is that anywhere close to your leader?

sahara Tue 29-Mar-05 14:56:28

hey I'm in surrey too, I'm desperate to earn some extra money. So let me know too.

pinotgrigio Tue 29-Mar-05 14:57:45

LOL. Take me to your leader. <falls about laughing at self>

magnolia1 Tue 29-Mar-05 16:57:17

Hey I'm in Surrey too

Jimjams Tue 29-Mar-05 21:47:51

go a few in surrey

dabihp Mon 23-May-05 19:53:16

what do AQA pay???

TMB Wed 01-Jun-05 21:27:54

Ladies - check out www.trulymadlybaby.co.uk.
This is party plan working from home flexible hours and great fun. Sell something that's interesting, quality and something that you're passionate about.

Hope you find it interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now