Talk

Advanced search

can someone help me, trying to fill a form in

(5 Posts)
cheeryface Tue 04-Nov-08 14:29:45

havent worked other than cash in hand cleaning jobs for 14 years

am trying to fill in a form for a temporary xmas job, and need to list previous employment, do i list the cash in hand jobs?

also, and you will probably laugh grin the job is to work in a santas grotto , what would make them choose little old me over anyone else ??

suggestions please smile

PortBlacksandPRESIDENT Tue 04-Nov-08 14:35:49

Well for a start you have a cheery face!

You have experience with handling small children? (in all their many moods - excitable, stroppy challenging etc.).

I would mention the cleaning job - (no need to mention cash in hand if you don't want to) as it shows you're reliable.

You look good in tights??

cheeryface Tue 04-Nov-08 14:38:39

yes haha i am rather elf like lol

flowerybeanbag Tue 04-Nov-08 14:41:38

Yes definitely include your cleaning jobs. How you were paid is irrelevant for these purposes, it's the responsible, reliable attitude it conveys that's important. Will one or more of your previous employers be happy to give you a reference?

Have you volunteered at a nursery or been some kind of parent helper at a school or anything similar? Stuff like that would be good I imagine.

Other than that I expect you need to be cheerful, outgoing, patient, friendly - that kind of thing.

Best of luck!

AMumInScotland Tue 04-Nov-08 14:59:53

Think through the list of the qualities they want in the person - friendly, able to cope with stuff - and try to include things in the form that show you have those qualities. So, you're good with children, hardworking, helpful... whatever it is they want! But think of ways to show you actually are, not just saying it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now