Talk

Advanced search

Job interview tomorrow and i have a sickness bug!

(14 Posts)
exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 10:40:55

I have a job interview tomorrow and i really want to give it a bash, this will be the first interview since i had DD, now 3, and the job would really fit in well for me. I am pretty sure this is a group interview too, so can't be rearranged. The way i feel now i reckon i could stagger in and still do my best. What happens if i really can't do it? Would they accomodate or would i miss out?

But never mind that - What am i going to wear??????? I brought a nice skirt yesterday in the charity shop, its black, quite long but flattering - wearing my boots with it. Its a college teaching position so not sure if i should go for uber smart. Anyway, The only thing i have at home that goes with it is a black top - t shirt material with some detail around the neck. The skirt is black with white flecks in. I was going to go out today and get a bright jumper to go with the skirt but of course i feel too poorly to be trapsing round the shops. Will all black be too much? I have a nice dragon fly broach i can pin on hte top and i white gold necklace - i was thinking i could get some lary beads to bring a bit of colour but really not sure if i am going to get to teh shops

what to do what to do? Advice on both dilemmas would be appreciated.

exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 10:52:28

anyone?

ScottishMummy Tue 28-Oct-08 11:11:48

congratulations on interview.conserve your energy,clothes you describe sound fine

take painkillers etc
sleep, get refreshes
do reading of JD, person spec, think of questions you want to ask them
dont waste valuable time traipsing aroundd shops
swot up on job instead

exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 11:14:56

Thanks SM, spent so much time on presentation ive not looked at the jd since shock

more Tue 28-Oct-08 11:20:41

Sleep, get as much rest in as possible before interview and time the painkillers/medicin just right, so they have the most effect when you are actually at the interview.

Re clothes - what you have sounds fine. Remember they are not going to analyse what you are wearing, they want to know whether they can work with you as a colleague and whether you have the skills for the job.

Congratulations on the interview. Good luck with it.

exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 20:34:18

Im not sure i can do this - i just feel like shit, i have to run to the toilet and i feel shaky all over - would they reschedule do you think?

gigglewitch Tue 28-Oct-08 20:35:25

Ring them and ask. We rescheduled someone last week for the same reason. hope you feel better soon smile

cthea Tue 28-Oct-08 20:38:53

Which came first? Do you think you feel poorly because you're anxious? Feel free to ignore but I'd really try and go in and give it my best. Have it over and done with rather than let it hang over you. Especially if it is anxiety, you need to face it sooner or later. Good luck. Don't stress over clothes, just be presentable.

exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 20:43:22

funny cthea, you are not the first person to say its anxiety - my DP said it too. I threatened to lamp him one wink, but no, this is definately a bug type feeling. I actually suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and this doesn't feel anything like that. To be fair, the anxiety has descended tonight, but it is manifesting normally - i really want to do it, im not sure about the job, but i really want to prove to myself that i can do it iyswim. I just feel so ill. Keep trying to tell myself that it will be over this time tomorrow, but im actually worried i might throw up all over the interview panel.

cthea Tue 28-Oct-08 21:33:11

I really understand what you're saying, panic attacks and anxiety over interviews, exams and so on, just horrible. You'd give your right arm just to be over with it and magically find youself 24 hours later having gone through it. Be gentle on yourself. Good luck tomorrow.

exasperatedmummy Tue 28-Oct-08 22:02:17

lol, oh yes, i know that feeling well - i always imagine being home with DD or something, tomorrow i might be dreaming about being in bed, i really do feel properly poorly

cthea Wed 29-Oct-08 10:30:56

Good luck, however the day goes.

exasperatedmummy Wed 29-Oct-08 15:52:11

Well, i managed it...phew, without having to run to the toilet.

I think i gave a good account of myself and didn't humiliate myself so thats a bonus. I feel quite good actually.

cthea Wed 29-Oct-08 18:08:20

Fantastic, one demon slayed at the same time. Well done. It's great you feel good about yourself too. Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now