Talk

Advanced search

I have changed my CV profile to this does it sound OK now

(12 Posts)
zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 14:44:33

....Profile
Well qualified graduate, experienced in working in a flexible and demanding role in a customer oriented environment, with excellent administrative skills and the ability to work to targets and deadlines. Self motivated and able to use initiative and communicate at all levels.

lazarou Mon 27-Oct-08 14:45:40

You forgot the word 'multi-tasking' but I like it

VinegArghhhWasStabbedInTheTits Mon 27-Oct-08 14:46:01

Sounds v. good

ilovemydog Mon 27-Oct-08 14:47:54

team player - they like this.

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 14:48:10

I have taken pout manage and management

It is supposed to be able to apply to these adminsitrator type roles

I have had a shop and website but I dont want to apply for shop managing jobs especially as having had my own I dont really have shop chain management experience

It has taken me two weeks to get past last my rejection I am now ready to try properly again

monkeymonkeymonkey Mon 27-Oct-08 14:49:09

I like it. Maybe the first sentance is a little long? could maybe have a full stop after environment? It is fine as you have it though.

Waswondering Mon 27-Oct-08 14:50:09

Do you want to say what your seeking, eg

"Highly experienced graduate experienced in working in a demanding customer orientated environment, with excellent admin skills and the proven ability to work to targets and deadlines seeks challenging leadership within large multinational company to further demonstrate movitiation, initiative and ability to communicate at all levels."

lazarou Mon 27-Oct-08 14:53:53

I am not lookng forward to going back to work when the time comes. The last interview I had included a maths test! I didn't get the job.
I always cringe at the time I said 'I like to give 110%' at an interview.
And the time the interviewer said 'what are all these gaps in your cv?'
'errmmmmm, I don't know, maybe I wasn't working'

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 14:55:59

I always say something I cringe about

maybe explains why I don't have a job

I think I have finally worked out that their questions are designed to find out if you can/will do what they need so it is best to answer yes followed by an example rather than well Not so far etc

hanaflower Mon 27-Oct-08 14:56:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

zippitippitoes Mon 27-Oct-08 14:57:10

right I shall change it

Waswondering Mon 27-Oct-08 19:06:10

Lazarou - can you get someone (good friend?) to look over your CV and the job description and ask you some interview type questions in advance as a practice, eg across the kitchen table? Especially if there are gaps in your CV so that you can explain them.

On the morning of my most recent job interview, for my current job, dh fired across the breakfast table "why do you want this job?" and it totally threw me! I practiced the answer with him and at the interview, the last question I was asked was "why do you want this job" - I was sooo grateful to dh as I could confidently reply, having thought it through!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now