Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Well actually NOT going back to work! Am I entitled to be paid for the holidays I have gained whilst on mat leave? PLEASE HELP

(6 Posts)
Kelix Mon 06-Oct-08 00:01:10

Am very confused, I worked out that I had gained 24 days holiday entitlement whilst on maternity leave. I read somewhere that if I hand in my notice I should be paid for these days - is this true? Has anyone recived this after resiging whilst on mat leave?

Lubyloo Mon 06-Oct-08 00:04:59

Yes you will be paid any holiday accrued in your final pay.

Kelix Mon 06-Oct-08 00:06:49

Thanks That wa the answer I was hoping for! Have already stopped being paid as am in the final 3 months of full mat leave. Im guessing they will pay me once my 4 week notice has run?

twentypence Mon 06-Oct-08 00:45:20

But don't you get the leave at the rate of pay you were on (ie nothing?)

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Oct-08 08:25:09

Yes if you are leaving employment you are entitled to be paid for any holiday accrued during maternity leave and not taken, at your usual salary rate.

As it's fairly new legislation, I would just ring and make sure that's been sorted to make sure you get it in your final pay, rather than having to chase it and get a new final payslip and P45 afterwards.

Kelix Wed 08-Oct-08 23:54:44

Thanks everyone - I will give them a ring tomorrow just to remind them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now