Talk

Advanced search

Need a new career

(7 Posts)
LuckySalem Sat 27-Sep-08 21:46:19

So I'm going to do som studying ready for when DD goes to school - another 4 years yet but I don't know what I want to do with my life.

I know I want a job where I can still have the weekends with DD and preferably the evenings too. So probably an office job. (9-5 type) Was looking at becoming a legal secretary in the hope of becoming something else to do with law (it fascinates me) when she is older still.

Or the other thing I wanted to do which I think I won't have a cat in hells chance of doing is a forensic person.

Please help... ANYTHING will be welcomed.

Dragonbutter Sat 27-Sep-08 21:47:42

physio?
occupational therapy?

phdlife Sat 27-Sep-08 21:49:28

google "prospects planner" - if you can find a site that will let you register/do it for free, it's good at getting you to think about what you like/are good at.

mind you one of the options it gave me was "farmer" - I was an academic at the time grin

LuckySalem Sat 27-Sep-08 21:49:51

What occupational therapy? Is it the same as physio? How hard is that to study? Is there anything I'd specifically need?

LuckySalem Sat 27-Sep-08 21:50:18

LOL - I think I did that once and it threw up Cleaner?! lol

Dragonbutter Sat 27-Sep-08 21:52:05

occupational therapy is along the same lines as physiotherapy, there are lots of overlapping areas.
lots of home adaptations and practising activities of daily living.
very worthwhile

LuckySalem Sat 27-Sep-08 21:54:03

Ok will look into that one

Adds to my career list! lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now