Talk

Advanced search

Any help regarding interview for team leader position for my Mum??

(2 Posts)
wangle99 Fri 26-Sep-08 18:46:55

Mum has an interview on Tuesday for a team leader position at Wilkinsons which are opening up near us.

This is the first position at team leader level she has applied for and is understandably nervous!

One of the questions they are well known for asking is 'How would you deal with the situation of a member of your team having body odour'?

gulp

Any ideas on a good way to answer this question?

Thank you

nellyup Fri 26-Sep-08 21:01:39

I would have thought anything that didn't involve 'show them up completely in front of the whole team' would be what they're looking for. Something like 'I would take them somewhere private, ask them if everything was OK (because BO could be a sign that they are struggling at home e.g. sleeping on someone's floor with no washing facilities - could even be as simple as they haven't got enough uniforms due to increased hours), gently point out that they have a problem and that they need to sort it out because it puts customers off. Then give practical suggestions if it seems necessary.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now