Talk

Advanced search

Stuck for a business name ! please help

(19 Posts)
Champayne Fri 19-Sep-08 18:47:03

Hello Ladies
I'm biting the bullet and after two babies i'm starting my own business from home of cake making and balloons and i need a catchy name that says what i do but is different. I'm really struggling - the name is so important as the business is starting to take off and i have to live with the name forever (hopefully eek !)
I have no idea's at all so please all fire them at me !! lots of love and thanks

x

needtofeelinlove Fri 19-Sep-08 19:14:27

How do the balloons and cakes relate to each other? Sorry if I'm being thick. Are they gifts? OR as party supplies? And are you planing and sticking with just cake and balloons or going into other party things. What's different about your cakes? Are you targeting a specific area or nationwide? Is it an online business?

A few more details please grin

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 19-Sep-08 19:17:45

Lighter than Air Cakes and Balloons....

pointydog Fri 19-Sep-08 19:25:48

Buns 'n' Balloons

singyswife Fri 19-Sep-08 19:26:49

Cabloons.

pop1973 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:27:08

Hot Air and Hot Cakes !

pointydog Fri 19-Sep-08 19:30:58

Chocs Away!

pop1973 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:32:52

I like the name Chocs Away pointydog. That is a good name nice and catchy

Lizzylou Fri 19-Sep-08 19:33:43

Well done Pointy dog, Chocs away is a fab idea!

sniggermetimbers Fri 19-Sep-08 19:37:41

Puff 'n' Pastries?

Bakes & Bubbles?

<<Nil marketing experience, you may guess grin>>

DisenchantedPlusBump Fri 19-Sep-08 19:39:32

Rising Up : Professional cakes and balloons.

singyswife Fri 19-Sep-08 19:40:40

Lovin Puff 'n' pastries

quickdrawmcgraw Fri 19-Sep-08 19:42:39

Chocs Away is fantastic. To be honest though I would separate the two businesses. Unless you provide cakes and balloons together for a party.
I would name the business more along the lines of parties and celebration rather than trying than merge the two.

flowerybeanbag Sat 20-Sep-08 08:47:14

There's some brilliant ideas here. Trouble is if you make it just about the cakes and the balloons that's very restrictive.

Cakes and balloons is quite specific but if it takes off (no pun intended!) you are quite likely to want to expand to other party stuff, decorations, party bags, maybe other food, so if it's called something very specific to do with cakes and balloons only, that might not be as appropriate.

I have no helpful ideas though... grin

Champayne Sat 20-Sep-08 09:34:14

wow thank you all so mych i love them all ! - probably will do other party stuff later on but for now this will kepp me going !! love Rising Up and Cabloons made me laugh! ha ha ha thanks thanks thanks i have wrote them all down and will ask my friends thanks again your all so nice - i've only been on this website once !
xx

PinkPurple Sat 20-Sep-08 09:42:07

I know its not ideal...but you can always change your name at a later date. I own a shop and really grew to dislike the name I'd chosen, it was a real mouthful. After about 2yrs I changed it to something much simplier/obvious and have never looked back

good luck

PinkPurple Sat 20-Sep-08 09:48:33

I love "Chocs Away"

pointydog Sat 20-Sep-08 11:57:46

You could just call it

Party! (with the exclamation mark)

I like that actually

singyswife Sat 20-Sep-08 21:29:32

Let us know what you decide???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now