Talk

Advanced search

I have an interview tomorrow for the first time in YEARS!!! Any tips?

(6 Posts)
2point4kids Mon 15-Sep-08 19:14:41

Any advice on what to do/wear/say?

What questions are likely to be asked that I must be prepared for???

Help grin

compo Mon 15-Sep-08 19:15:06

what si the job?

Dottydot Mon 15-Sep-08 19:17:15

What's the job?

Whatever it is, you might get asked things along the following lines:

What strengths and skills do you feel you have which make you suitable for the job?

Having read the job description, what do you think would present the greatest challenge?

What personal development needs do you think you have?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years' time?

What do you know about our organisation?

Keep reading the job description and if the company's got a website, try and learn a couple of things about the organisation that you can throw into the conversation - always impressive if you can show you've done your homework!

Good luck!! smile

brimfull Mon 15-Sep-08 19:20:56

I have had a few interviews recently and they both asked

why have you applied for this job?

what skills can you bring to this job?

what are your good and bad points? crap question!

one interviewer asked ; what have you done in a previous job that made a difference or improvement?

I would recommend really studying the job description and list of skills and think of examples of how you have those particular skills

eg. good communication or good organiser

renaldo Mon 15-Sep-08 19:30:08

Knowelege skills experience aptitude
If you get asked a question and need to organise your thoughts / answer use these headings as a mental checklist

pipsy76 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:46:22

Umm, actually read whatever you've put on the application form, as interviewer may refer to it! Turn up on time! Have questions prepared to ask re job role or organisation.Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now