Talk

Advanced search

arrrgh! i have a work trial and my baby has kept me up all night! i have had two hours sleep

(11 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 06:36:16

not crying. no she wasnt upset. well not unless she was in her cot her own.

no she has been diving around my bed like the duracell bunny on speed. giggling and luaghing and generallly behaving in a deranged manner.

my trial is not untill tonight <6pm> but i really want this job and wont have time to catch any sleep in the day.

tips on how to look awake at work when all you want to do is go to bed?

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 07:33:53

oh god she is insane. still no sleep still no tired she is in her highchiar revving like a motor bike! is it possible she ordered herself some drugs while i wasnt looking? hmm

i need to sleep. methinks redbull but surely my eyes/skin will give away how tired i am.?

Sexonlegs Fri 12-Sep-08 07:41:25

Get some Touche Eclat from YSL - fab concealer.

Also, Clarins do a cream - Beauty Flash Balm I think it is called. It makes your skin glow. Goes on after mosturiser and before foundation.

Good luck!!

mou Fri 12-Sep-08 07:49:33

Apparently slices of potato on your eyes reduces the swelling and puffyness that you can get when tired. I'd definately go with the redbull (or pro-plus tablets). i'd also drink as much water as i could through the day. I don't know how old your LO is but she sounds very much like my DS when he has a reaction to an E number, he is 10 now and I am still so carefull about what he eats.
I'd wear simple make-up and something i felt really confident in.
Really feel for you, it is horrible being tired, especially on an important day. wishing you all the best for tonight....go girl!!!!!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 07:50:12

ah yes i should have mentioned i cant afford anything expensive. do boots/superdrug/tesco do any cheaper versions?

im guessing when the jobcenter say that they will help me with the costs of finding work <new back to work initiative for sure start areas> they dont mean with make up? hmm

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 07:52:42

she is 14 months old. she went to sleep at 8pm woke up when i went to bed at midnight stayed awake untill 2:30am woke up at 4am and has been awake since.

she did have two sweets off dd1 yesterday but surely two wouldnt cause her to be this way? its normally dd1 who reacts to colours and e numbers.

i have potatos ill try that and cold tea bags.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 09:23:46

okay i have dd1 at school. it transpires that she has been kept awake by dd2's incessant giggling too but im too tired and grumpy to deal with a sulky dd1 so she has been sent to school anyway. i have had lucazde <yuck> so i feel a little better. dd2 is still awake but is eating a banana because i read somewhere that they have something in them that aids sleep? and if she is going to be napping it has be done before lunch time.

i now have coffee. will buy redbull later. and potato slices soaking in water in the fridge. is there anything else i could try?

mou Fri 12-Sep-08 09:44:59

Mmmmm as far as the sweets go i wouldn't let DS have 1 smartie and he is absolutely banned from anything with oranges in it. We used to give him satsumas as treats (we had the christmas from hell one year) instead of sweets and then were told oranges can make children hyper. Even the school won't let him touch them. i really must learn to do links as there is research to explain why.

was advised 'pile cream' can reduce puffyness but could never quite bring myself to try it!!!!!!!!

Is there something that you normally do to calm yourself down if stressed? as i am sure worrying about how you look on top of the normal worries about doing a work trial will give you more pressure. simple things like listening to favourite music, lavendar oil, a bath, phone a friend, scream!!.

Silly ideas but just want to help.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Fri 12-Sep-08 10:09:32

i normally iron mou <yes i know im strange> and i have plenty of that to do.

she had no oranges either. i cant think what caused it other then the two sweets but dd was fine and she is one who gets hyper. all she had was cherios, cheese and tomato sandwhiches a home made flapjack a banana and beef stew with mashed potato and carrots. oh and the sweets dd1 gave her. they were those fried egg jelly things. she didnt nap much through the day. no more than normal anyway and no late naps.

anyway she has finally relented and gone to sleep in her buggy! i have an appointment soon at job center soon so the walk in the rain fresh air might help me wake up a bit and ill check superdrug for makeup while im in town.

mou Fri 12-Sep-08 10:26:30

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-479768/Watchdog-warns-E-numbers-make-children-misbehave.html
this my first link so hope it works. might not affect your DD but worth a thought.

HeadFairy Fri 12-Sep-08 10:36:16

After 15 years of night shifts and no sleep one trick I have learnt to spruce yourself up a bit is after a nap go outside, walk about 100 yds from your front door then sprint back as fast as you can. You'll get an adrenaline rush, it'll get your blood pumping and it'll wake you up loads. Then fill a sink up with water that's as cold as you can get it. Plunge your face in and hold as long as you can, until you need to breathe. Cold water will wake you up and it tightens the skin and makes it all pink and fresh looking. Then have something with some caffeine in. Should do the trick, good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now