Talk

Advanced search

mumsnet work

Find the perfect family friendly job

Should I go for interiew

(2 Posts)
naughtynoonoo Wed 10-Sep-08 13:11:01

I started a part time job in an office 4 mins walk to school in August. My hour will be wed, thur and fri 6 hours each day say 9 - 3, if I am late I can do 9.15 - 3.15. DS has just started school and is just doing mornings until end of the month, work have been very accommodating so until then I am just doing 9 - 12. Its a lovely small office and the people there are lovely - I really like it there

Whats the problem u may ask, ok during the summer (before I got above job) I applied to the school for the school receptionist job, I have now got an interview for it, the hours are monday - friday 8.45 - 3.00. So it will be longer hours but will have holiday off with children.

Any ideas whether I should go for it or not, it may be a case of jumping out of the pan into the fire. I think I know what I want to do but just thought I would ask you lovely ladies for some advice please

btw work are very good if i need to take time out for assemblies, meetings etc and if i needed to take unpaid leave etc. the office has other ladies in in the same situ as me (children at school)

LittleMyDancing Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:52

hmmm - you sound like you're happy in your job apart from the holiday thing, is that right?

I would go for the interview and then make up your mind. You might go and decide you'd hate it - then problem solved.

You might go and decide you want it, then you can make a decision.

But if you don't go, you'll never know whether it would have been a good thing or not.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: