Talk

Advanced search

Should I go for interiew

(2 Posts)
naughtynoonoo Wed 10-Sep-08 13:11:01

I started a part time job in an office 4 mins walk to school in August. My hour will be wed, thur and fri 6 hours each day say 9 - 3, if I am late I can do 9.15 - 3.15. DS has just started school and is just doing mornings until end of the month, work have been very accommodating so until then I am just doing 9 - 12. Its a lovely small office and the people there are lovely - I really like it there

Whats the problem u may ask, ok during the summer (before I got above job) I applied to the school for the school receptionist job, I have now got an interview for it, the hours are monday - friday 8.45 - 3.00. So it will be longer hours but will have holiday off with children.

Any ideas whether I should go for it or not, it may be a case of jumping out of the pan into the fire. I think I know what I want to do but just thought I would ask you lovely ladies for some advice please

btw work are very good if i need to take time out for assemblies, meetings etc and if i needed to take unpaid leave etc. the office has other ladies in in the same situ as me (children at school)

LittleMyDancing Wed 10-Sep-08 13:16:52

hmmm - you sound like you're happy in your job apart from the holiday thing, is that right?

I would go for the interview and then make up your mind. You might go and decide you'd hate it - then problem solved.

You might go and decide you want it, then you can make a decision.

But if you don't go, you'll never know whether it would have been a good thing or not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now