Talk

Advanced search

Help!

(5 Posts)
bluejellybean Thu 04-Sep-08 19:46:23

I have just returned to work part time and my parents are looking after my baby 2 days and the third day my baby goes to Nursery. The nursery has been fantastic, they have followed his routines, he sleeps very well there and loves it. Now, don't get me wrong, he loves his grandparents but my mum just doesn't keep to his routine. My husband arrives half an hour after our baby should have had his tea, to find his tea still cooling, nothings ready to be taken home etc etc. He doesn't sleep well there, in fact he doesn't have much sleep at all. They are the sort of parents who are easily annoyed and so I don't know what to say to them but having a baby who is so grumpy the next day is meaning my time with him is just not what it should.
I can't really afford to up the nursery sessions until March next year, as money is tight.
I great need of some advice mums!

PeaMcLean Sat 06-Sep-08 23:28:33

Hi bluejellybean, just spotted this hasn't been answered since Thursday, which is odd - have you tried it in one of the other boards? General sort of parenting issue perhaps? Try it in Am I Being Unreasonable - you'll get loads of opinions!!!

Either way, you can't go on with this. it's all very well him having a different routine with your parents, but you need him to be ready when your husband arrives (your husband needs to be able to spend time with him) and you need a baby who isn't grumpy on your day off with him.

Problem, tbh, sounds more to do with your communication with your parents than a going back to work thing. I hope work is going well and that you get this sorted.

1dilemma Sat 06-Sep-08 23:44:54

Oh yes I do hope this is posted in AIBU.
we have popcorn (2-4-1 in Tescos)

PeaMcLean Sat 06-Sep-08 23:49:38

Well I wasn't exactly meaning it would be a popcorn thread. FWIW, and on the info here, I don't think she's being unreasonable. It's a question of how she sorts this out with her parents, not whether or not she has a problem.

1dilemma Sun 07-Sep-08 00:04:27

Oh but using relatives for childcare is fraught (?spelling) with problems isn't it? As is trying to get parents/inlaws to 'do it my way'
FWIW when I've seen similar on AIBU most people come back with words along the lines of 'yes you're getting free (big presumption but presumably cheap) great care from someone you know is OK in a house to suit your lifestyle and now you want to quibble about the mealitimes YABVU'

to be honest I'm always so pathetically grateful if anyone so much as watches my dcs while I go for a pee I couldn't imagine if my Mum looked after dcs for a day saying 'well thanks Mum but that really wasn't good enough we expect his bags packed when we pick up' which does seem to be what she is asking us how to say.

On a more constructive note perhaps worry about it a little less presumably you're happy with how you were brought up and maybe buy 2 of the things going in the bag then you can leave one set at your Mums and there is no bag to pack!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now