Talk

Advanced search

omg - just decided to have a look at the Job Centre website.......

(13 Posts)
FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 01:23:20

to see what sort of stuff is available at the moment in my area for between 16-30hrs a week, there are only 13 jobs listed in the last month in my town with those hours!

Most of it is shift work too so childcare would be a major issue shock

So glad I'm not looking to get back to work just yet or I'd be fucked

MaureenMLove Thu 21-Aug-08 01:37:48

School work's the answer FAQ! Could you bear to be in a classroom all day?

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 01:40:11

yes I could do that - but that's really hard to come by round here (got a friend who started last September at DS1's school - she'd been looking for 2yrs for similar post and only got this one after spending 1 1/2yrs going in just helping out shock).

Thankfully DS3 is only 15 months, so I don't "have" to go back to work yet - but I know when I was looking for work at the start of the year there was a LOT more than that available - even 30+hrs there's hardly anything there!!!

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 01:42:22

loads under 16hrs - but then I'd be in the position where I'd lose my IS, but wouldn't qualify for TC's hmm

MaureenMLove Thu 21-Aug-08 01:49:59

Shit, innit?

I was in the lucky position that childminding was easy to get into when dd was little, so I did that until she went into Yr 7 last year. Started looking for a full time, school job from January and got loads of sorry, but no letters, before I got an interview in March. Got the job and started in April.

Its such a hard, hard decision and transition to make from SAHM to WOHM.

I'll give you a job! You can stamp on my foam for a couple of days! 3 meals per day, plus cake (I'm good at cakes!). Does that sound reasonable?

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 01:50:48

ooo sounds fabulous - can I bring my children to work with me??? grin

MaureenMLove Thu 21-Aug-08 01:52:41

Absolutely! I have a 12 year old, who is very good at childminding! grin

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 01:54:05

well I was thinking I could get my DS's to earn their meals too by helping lol

MaureenMLove Thu 21-Aug-08 02:02:31

Children get fed for free in my house! My neighbours 2 year old wandered in yesterday, from his back garden and announced that he wanted a chocolate mousse!grinGod love him!

Shit! The Olympics are back on! I'm never going to go to bed, am I?

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 02:03:39

ooooo - definitely "napping" on the sofa tonight now that's on grin

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 02:05:16

poo - BMX finals delayed until tomorrow because of sh*t weather (wasn't really sure why it was there as a sport until I watched some this morning - it's bloody brutal!)

FAQ Thu 21-Aug-08 02:05:44

ahhh you see in my house children have to work for their food wink

zippitippitoes Thu 21-Aug-08 02:08:25

well i am studiously avoiding having my go at scrabulous after 24 hours or sending an email because i was consiudered too unfit to go up germanys highest mountain fast enough with a group of 30 yeatr old blokes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now