Talk

Advanced search

just registered with temping agency- now need advice about childcare please!

(4 Posts)
happy1 Wed 16-Feb-05 18:40:37

I'm a bit stuck now, obviously I don't know when I need to work, so a nursery would be no good, and I can't seem to find a childminder in my area. Has anyone got any pearls of wisdom for me? I have 2 little darlings, one of them is currently at playgroup every morning. Thank you!

brambles Wed 16-Feb-05 20:43:49

hi have you tried the childrens information service in chicester they have alist of childminders/nurseys also childcarelink on the net hope this helps good luck i know what you are going through

gemmamay Wed 16-Feb-05 21:46:59

having worked in a temping agency it is possible to get temp assignements that are regular and long term, which may help with the organisation of the little sweethearts! But as temping is just that, temporary, you can leave with not much notice. You'll also get holiday pay which will bridge gaps with childcare verus kiddie sick days cost.

Or can you get cover for certain days and work those only?

Skribble Fri 25-Feb-05 22:28:54

Some local councils have lists of registered sitters that come to your house can be a couple of hours, days or a week. They should have info on childminders and who has spaces. Some childminders will consider short stints but will drop you as soon as they get a regular.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: