Talk

Advanced search

im applying for a job in my old company what give as reasons for absences and leaving last time i was there?

(5 Posts)
SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 19-Aug-08 10:30:17

my actual reasons for having so much time off and then eventually leaving was that i hated the position i was in as it was so quiet i never did anything and i cant stand sitting doing nothing i need to be busy <im applying for a much busier role>

i was pregnant and had terrible morning <i was sick most days for hours> sickness and insomnia. and suffered with migranes due to lack of sleep. most days i wouldnt have been able to make it in and if i did then id have spent half the time yawning and the rest of the time throwing up.

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 10:31:34

What reasons did you give at the time? if you suddenly change your story and they check back, they won't look kindly on a different story imo!

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 19-Aug-08 10:33:45

i didnt give any reasons they didnt ask for any i just told them that i wouldnt be returning after the holidays i had for xmas.

i had told them about the morning sickness and they were less than sympathetic, which is understandable really but untill i got pg i never had any time off. although i was only there about three months before i got pg.

SheSellsSeashellsByTheSeashore Tue 19-Aug-08 10:52:17

"I worked for the xxxxx contract between March 06 and January 07. my reasons for leaving were that i was having a very difficult pregnancy suffering from a lot of morning sickness, insomnia and migranes and felt that it would be unfair to the company to carry on in this role given my level of absence due to pregnancy related illness.

I also found the role very unchallenging as it was so quiet and i prefer to work in more challenging and busy environments."

does this sound okay? anyone?

MamaG Tue 19-Aug-08 10:54:16

I think that sounds great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now