Talk

Advanced search

Anyone want to help me find a job?

(7 Posts)
Nymphadora Mon 18-Aug-08 16:16:35

Possibly will be looking at change in career after 10 years in care/learning disabilities/special school. Left my last school in July as I am going out with my boss and the gossip was too much (stabbed in the back too many times!) I have been applying for TA jobs but have been told no experience in MS/ over qualified as I have HLTA status. Only one other Special school and they have no vacancies.

So I have been applying for anything that interests me but no idea which direction to go in. So far today I have looked at Gardening, archieves at the local library , connexions, bank work at local hospital mental health unit.

For now bf will pay morgage etc but not ideal as he has his own house we are doing up to live in and this will put us back (although I can work on it if am unemployed!)

TIA for any ideas!

Ripeberry Mon 18-Aug-08 16:22:26

What about Home care, where you go out in the community and help older people and the dissabled?
They are always desperate for people, especially in the evenings and weekends and if you pick the right company, they can pay up to £9 an hour.

Nymphadora Mon 18-Aug-08 16:26:27

Not good money here have seen up to £7 ph (though tthe gardening one was only £6.20ph ) but not sure about elderly care.blush

Would like something that will lead me somewhere , think thats the problem , only connexions one will do that.I need to feel it was worth me leaving the school for.

Nymphadora Mon 18-Aug-08 16:26:27

Not good money here have seen up to £7 ph (though tthe gardening one was only £6.20ph ) but not sure about elderly care.blush

Would like something that will lead me somewhere , think thats the problem , only connexions one will do that.I need to feel it was worth me leaving the school for.

Nymphadora Mon 18-Aug-08 16:26:50

Why is everything double posting???

Nymphadora Mon 18-Aug-08 16:26:50

Why is everything double posting???

DebbieA01 Tue 19-Aug-08 22:08:29

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now