Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

could someone read this to see if it makes sense please. Its a flexi working arrangement letter.but its a tricky one

(5 Posts)
shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 13:57:57

I have pinched a little of this from someone elses on here. Hope you dont mind blush

Basically, I am a 19.5 hour contracted member of staff. I have to do a mixture of days and evenings.

Basically the shop is open from 9.00am-9.30pm, but I need to work around DP shifts as we have 3 children and I don't want them looked after by other members of the family too much, especially if the have to go to school the next day and dragging a 7 month old out in the cold 10.00pm on a winters night isn't fair either.

Small prob though, I am a cover TA in a school. (my employers dont know this and prefer for it to stay that way) so most of the shifts will be weeknights and weekends (leaving the days free for when school need me) apart from school holidays when I'll be able to do day shifts at my current employers.

My DP does shifts,the shifts are

7am-3pm (I can work evenings)
3pm-11pm (this is a tricky one as I cant work days as I want to keep it free for school or evenings as it'll be 10.00pm before I can get the children from familys house)
11pm-7am (I can work from 1.00pm when he has had a sleep)

His shifts vary week to week but it's a rolling 20 week rota so it goes from week 1-20 then back again, so I generally can tell what he's doing from now to next march.

I have to also work it so he's open to overtime should it arise.

This is the letter.

As discussed previously, I intend to resume work on September 13th 2008, but would like to propose a flexibility to my current contracted hours of 19.5 hours.
In order to continue to provide excellent service to the company and the customers, I would need to have the flexibility to adjust my hours to incorporate daytime hours, and evenings also Saturday working should there be a business need to do so.

I would give notice 4 weeks in advance of the shifts I can work.
I would like to propose a trial period of three months so that the effect of this variation to my hours can be assessed.

I hope that you and the company feel the above would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Miss Shiny

Any advice much appreciated

Ta Muchly

weeonion Mon 11-Aug-08 14:00:18

quick read of it and initial thoughts = maybe outline for them what exactly you are askign for - ie a sample shift / hours pattern over a number of weeks?

also - are you submitting this as a formal request for flexible working? if so - you need to state that at the beginning.

shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 14:09:42

Yes I'll submit this as a felxi working. I will add that at the beginning.

Because the shifts will vary from week to week depending on DP's shifts and school, It will vary week to week but I will give 4 weeks notice in advance, do you mean I put that in the proposal?

weeonion Mon 11-Aug-08 14:15:58

yep. of course your employers will be more clued up on your own circumstances but I know being lazy - I would want it all laid clearly in front of me when i got a request in. maybe include somethingn on how you are a real asset to them - any examples of how brill you are / have been in the past? also might include something on how they might cope if there is a clash with other workers schedules??

shinyshoes Mon 11-Aug-08 14:24:52

I am writing to submit a formal request for flexible working hours. As discussed previously, I intend to resume work on September 13th 2008, but would like to propose a flexibility to my current contracted hours of 19.5 hours.
In order to continue to provide excellent service to the company and the customers, I would need to have the flexibility to adjust my hours to incorporate daytime hours, and evenings also Saturday working should there be a business need to do so.
I feel I am a good employer with an unblemished disciplinary record and had very few absences in the way of a sickness record. I have stayed late on occasion when asked and if it has been possible for me to do so.
This is my proposal

For instance
WB 15 september -21 september
15th September 3.00pm -9.30pm
16th September 3.00pm- 9.30pm
17th September 3.30pm -9.30pm

WB 22nd September -28th September
23rd September 9.00am -9.30pm
24th September 4.00pm- 9.30pm
25th September 4.00pm-9.30pm

These are only guidelines but gives a rough estimation on how I intend to fufill my contract hours and give the company the best service I can to the best of my ability.

I would give notice 2 weeks in advance of the shifts I can work.
I would like to propose a trial period of three months so that the effect of this variation to my hours can be assessed.

I hope that you and the company feel the above would be a mutually beneficial arrangement.

Miss Shiny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now