Talk

Advanced search

Oh no what am I supposed to do?

(7 Posts)
MadameCheese Tue 05-Aug-08 10:57:05

I've just realised that my 6 months mat leave is up on the 18th (I am taking a year though). My problem is that my manager asked me to write a letter requesting 6 months. She said that she would write to me a month prior to this date to discuss it but I haven't heard from her. I've tried leaving a message but haven't heard back, what should I do? I'm really worried that I'll be expected to go back on this date and that it's my fault.

2point4kids Tue 05-Aug-08 10:59:47

Email her or write a postal letter stating that you are extending to a year.
I assume that you discussed this with her originally and she said to take 6 months an then request the further 6 months when she got in touch?
Write that on the letter and say you are confirming as you havent heard from her in the mean time.
Good Luck!

MadameCheese Tue 05-Aug-08 11:02:14

Yes it was a verbal agreement but she said the way to go was to write and ask for 6 months initially. Shall I copy to my HR dept? Thanks BTW

nervousal Tue 05-Aug-08 11:02:16

Write to her now and include in the letter something along lines of "We had agreed previously that you would write to me prior to my return in order to discuss my extension. As this has not happened I now...."

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 20:21:57

stupid

2point4kids Thu 07-Aug-08 20:26:37

What happened? Did you send the letter?

MadameCheese Thu 07-Aug-08 22:54:13

Yes, thanks for asking and a copy to HR. Funny thing is she sent a really nice letter to me on monday asking how I was and would I be bringing DS in for a visit and didn't mention returning to work. I can only assume she's not expecting me back just yet! Thanks for your help

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now