Talk

Advanced search

can someone help me write a letter to my employer saying I want to express my milk at work

(16 Posts)
needtosavemoney Mon 28-Jul-08 17:52:16

please grin
My brain is baby mush and I can not come up with anything sensible
thank you

elmoandella Mon 28-Jul-08 18:05:03

pmsl at title!

will compose myself then try help

elmoandella Mon 28-Jul-08 18:06:18

dear sir or madam,

why the heck should i have to tell you.

what i do in my break is my own business.

regards
needtosavemoney

elmoandella Mon 28-Jul-08 18:07:15

sorry, feeling a bit excitable today.

i wouldn't bother telling them unless you need extra breaks or change time of breaks

Doodle2U Mon 28-Jul-08 18:08:29

Eh?

Why do you need to write a letter? Would you write telling your employer you are going to be changing your sanitary pads/tampons/mooncup?

wheresthehamster Mon 28-Jul-08 18:08:51

Unless you are a Receptionist and intend to do it at your desk then why should you have to tell them?

moondog Mon 28-Jul-08 18:09:22

You don't need to ask permission. Just tell him/her you need a quiet place 1/2 times a day.

Whizzz Mon 28-Jul-08 18:11:37

HSE info
"What facilities do employers have to provide?
The Workplace Regulations and Approved Code of Practice require employers to provide suitable facilities for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers to rest. Where necessary these should include somewhere for the woman to lie down.

HSE recommends that it is good practice, for employers, to provide a private, healthy and safe environment for nursing mothers to express and store milk (but this is not a legal requirement). It is not suitable to use toilets for this purpose."
here

needtosavemoney Mon 28-Jul-08 18:14:21

I have been told they need to know in writing as they have to provide a room for me and do a risk assement. Not sure why as they didn't bother when I was pregnant.

Whizzz Mon 28-Jul-08 18:18:22

-have a click on the link I did below - loads of info there. I've never heard about the need to inform in writing.

elmoandella Mon 28-Jul-08 18:19:48

dear sir or madam,

i will be requiring a room to bf, so not make my colleague(s) uncomfortable when i get my baps out

regards

(along those lines, but with much more professional wording.

keep it short and sweet)

elmoandella Mon 28-Jul-08 18:20:37

i think i better stop posting today. i have the mind of a 12 y o.

needtosavemoney Mon 28-Jul-08 18:23:21

may well have just been my pervy boss wanting to disscuss my boobs instead of just staring at them.
I will ring him tomorrow and ask.
if all else fails I will use elmoandellas letter. thanks for the link whizzz

Whizzz Mon 28-Jul-08 18:25:49

Maybe its just their own policy? They did have a legal requirement to do a pregnancy risk assessment though!

Turniphead1 Mon 28-Jul-08 18:33:00

Dear Employer

I am returning to work on x date. I will still be breastfeeding my child and will need a quiet and clean place in which to express. I will also need a small part of a clean fridge in which to store the milk.

I understand you needed this information in writing.

Yours faithfully

Needtosavemoney

ps; can the fridge not have people's grotty lunches from the last 4 weeks and mold in. Thanks.

needtosavemoney Mon 28-Jul-08 18:58:55

turniphead thats great thank you (especially the ps)grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now