Talk

Advanced search

Thinking about working over the summer hols as dd is getting v lonely without nursery-where do I start?

(4 Posts)
Ilovebunting Thu 17-Jul-08 15:45:16

I am a student during the majority of the year, but am not slotting into SAHM-hood v well and we are, to be frank, broke. I don't qualify for income support as my mum just died, but we used the money to pay off debts, so have no debt, but no income either! I have just enough left to cover the rent and bills (but maybe not food!) for the next two months until term starts again, but dd is really bored and lonely at home, and I'm feeling pretty worthless too. Where do I even begin? Are part time jobs worth it money wise, or am I better going full time? Have worked in offices for years so am qualified, but am also worried as there are two weeks in Aug I can't work. The other thing that worries me is she is only part time at school for the first four weeks of term, so is only there for three hours-is there any way I can make this work? I feel like I have brick walls everywhere and don't know what to do.

Ilovebunting Thu 17-Jul-08 17:18:00

Bump

Anna8888 Thu 17-Jul-08 17:18:57

Can you temp?

33k Fri 18-Jul-08 21:29:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now