Talk

Advanced search

from maternity pregnant!!

(10 Posts)
Humphries Thu 10-Jul-08 16:45:44

does anyone know if your maternity package would be the same if I didn't return to work as it was a new pregnancy? Or would I need to go back for a period to qualify? Has any one been through this process?

hanaflowerisnothana Thu 10-Jul-08 16:49:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Humphries Thu 10-Jul-08 16:57:15

Yes back to back I may be pregnant therefore would be eligible to go on to maternity again when due back to work. Weighing up whether I will need to go back to work early in order to get package again. I have asked my HR department but they are taking an age to get back to me and wondered if any of you guys might know or experienced similar situation.

hanaflowerisnothana Thu 10-Jul-08 17:02:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Humphries Thu 10-Jul-08 17:07:20

Thanks that is what I thought. Hope my HR department comes back with the same response!!

twinklytoes Thu 10-Jul-08 18:48:53

i wouldn't get any additional money just smp if i did that. have to do 3mths to get everything.

Humphries Thu 10-Jul-08 18:52:11

Is that your company policy or a general requirement do you think?

flowerybeanbag Thu 10-Jul-08 19:06:20

Humphries if you have anything over and above SMP as a package from your work you need to check the terms and conditions in the maternity policy.

Maternity leave does count as service as hana says, but the only thing to watch as far as SMP is concerned is that you are earning enough during the qualifying period, which you may not be if you are on maternity leave at the time. You need to be earning an average of at least £90 a week during the 8 week period up to and including the 15th week before your due date, otherwise you don't qualify for SMP.

ElfOnTheTopShelf Thu 10-Jul-08 19:10:04

my friend went back from her mat leave when her first was 6 months, and she was a few weeks pg when she went back. she had exactly the same maternity package.
but I dont know how it would have worked if she had gotten pg earlier and taken a years mat and therefore not actually returned to work.

llareggub Thu 10-Jul-08 19:11:38

what flowery said!

the earliest you can start maternity leave is 11 weeks before the due date. no caps due to squirmy breastfeeding toddler on lap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now