Talk

Advanced search

Angry with employer over returning after ML - am I right to be or am I overreacting?

(7 Posts)
StellaWasADiver Mon 23-Jun-08 08:51:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
umberella Mon 23-Jun-08 09:06:49

Typical local authority. I also work for one.

You are absolutely right to be angry. Can you write to personnel and request a response within x amount of days clarifying your return to work so you can organise childcare? If not, they could delay your return to work if you can't get your LO into a cm/nursery at this late notice!

umberella Mon 23-Jun-08 09:07:19

I would actually contact CAB to find out where I stood on all this.

StellaWasADiver Mon 23-Jun-08 09:18:32

HeadFairy Mon 23-Jun-08 09:24:28

Hiya, I was in exactly the same position. I won a training attachment just before I went on ML to start as soon as I came back to work. I didn't know what I was expected to do until the week before. To be fair the job is very unpredictable, but it is really difficult if you're trying to arrange childcare. In the end I rang my line manager every day until I got to speak to him and get him to commit to something. It all worked out pretty well in the end as he'd been so disorganised he let me choose which days I worked and I can pretty much choose my hours so long as I do 7 days a fortnight and each day is 12 hours long. Sorry that's not much help for you, but I hope you get things sorted soon. It's definitely better speaking directly to someone rather than emailing. It's much easier to ignore an email that it is to ignore an irate person on the other end of the phone!

umberella Mon 23-Jun-08 09:41:42

Do they have to pay you in the event that you can't secure a cm for your lo at ths late notice? I would be asking questions like that.

I wouldn't phone though - put it in writing. LA's are like slippery foxes about this kind of thing in my experience.

StellaWasADiver Mon 23-Jun-08 13:12:00

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in