Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Are you currently teaching in a state primary school?

(5 Posts)
Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 14:02:19

Can you give me the low-down on employment opportunities at the moment? I used to teach full-time (for 8 years) but left to have my family 9 years ago. In that time, I have worked about 5 days as a supply teacher in my local primary and worked part-time (0.4) teaching enrichment classes for four months 3 years ago.
I know there are a courses fun by counccils for returners to teaching, but I am not sure how important it is to do one. I know I am out of date with current issues, but when I did the part time job 3 years ago, I felt I picked up on the changes easily enough. Do you have any idea how schools would regard an applicant such as me? Would I be dismissed as being totally out of date? Would I be considered if I was prepared to put in some unpaid hours before the job started familiarising myself with current policies, or would I be welcomed with open arms?

Lonelymum Fri 21-Jan-05 14:03:15

Oh my typing! Second para is meant to read: I know there are courses run by councils...

Lonelymum Sat 22-Jan-05 09:44:44

No teachers around? Too busy at the weekend preparing work? Gosh maybe returning to teaching does not appeal so much anymore!

Cadbury Sat 22-Jan-05 10:02:14

Lonelymum, I'm in a similar situation as you. I taught for 3 years then left to hav my family. However. I haven't done an teaching since then and know I will need to do some supply or something to get my and back in but am still having nightmares about my last post. I'd be interested to hear what others can suggest. Good luck with it

Cadbury Sat 22-Jan-05 10:02:15

Lonelymum, I'm in a similar situation as you. I taught for 3 years then left to hav my family. However. I haven't done an teaching since then and know I will need to do some supply or something to get my and back in but am still having nightmares about my last post. I'd be interested to hear what others can suggest. Good luck with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now