Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

best job sites? courses?

(8 Posts)
nightowl Wed 12-Jan-05 11:21:31

can anyone tell me which job sites are the best? im looking for admin jobs but cant seem to find many around here which i could actually get to. (i have the qualifications and experience). or i would like to work from home or do some sort of course..if i am going to be stuck at home i want to at least be doing something thats going to help me in the future. can you get help with courses if you claim benefits does anyone know?

GRMUM Wed 12-Jan-05 11:32:05

I think you can get help with the open university if you're on benefits.The site is here

karenanne Wed 12-Jan-05 11:36:39

hi nightowl
ive been looking into the same thing,im on benefits at the mo and am a single parent so want something i can do online.

no help with sites if you find any let me know lol but i did find a site which you can apply for a loan to help with costs if your on benefits.
theres
http://www.creatingcareers.net/channels/index.asp
which has free courses

or
http://www.dfes.gov.uk/financialhelp/index_flash.html
for help with fees,i dont know whether it covers online courses -i havent got that far yet lol

sorry cant do links tho
hope that helps and good luck

nightowl Wed 12-Jan-05 12:16:23

kerenanne...i havent mailed you that list yet have i? just thought.

nightowl Wed 12-Jan-05 12:17:45

karenanne even

nutcracker Wed 12-Jan-05 12:28:24

Nightowl - OU courses are free if your household income is less than 14500 i think. You have to apply for a financial award.
If your income is more than that you can still get part of the fees paid though AFAIK.

nightowl Wed 12-Jan-05 12:30:40

who do i go to to find about things? theres only me here on benefits, no partner. i havent a clue how this benefits system works, ive always been employed until a few months ago.

NameChangingMancMidlander Wed 12-Jan-05 12:32:23

www.fish4.com has a jobs section.

www.learndirect.com gives you info on courses available nationwide

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now