Talk

Advanced search

Last day as a SAHM

(17 Posts)
tammybear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:14:28

Getting quite scared now. Start my job tomorrow (Tues) at 10:30. Really nervous, and know Im going to miss dd and dp so much. I havent worked for over just 2 years now. I know Ill probably be fine when I get there, but still quite nervous. Got my outfit that Im going to wear ready. Im going to wear a top that dp brought me for Christmas, its a white shirt with a black jumper over it all in one, and black trousers. Have been doing housework so dont have to worry for the rest of the week. Even have natural sleep remedy tablets to help me sleep better tonight as I cant sleep too well, and knowing that Im going to be so nervous tonight, I wont be sleeping too much. Anyway, just wanted to get that off my chest. xxx

evian Mon 03-Jan-05 13:15:58

ooh bless og luck to you - will your dd be going to nursery

ladymuck Mon 03-Jan-05 13:17:04

Good luck - you'll love it once you get back ito it!

KBear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:17:08

good luck tammybear, once that first day is over you'll be fine.
x

juniperdewdrop Mon 03-Jan-05 13:17:46

Awww (((hugs))) tammybear. I hope you do manage to get some sleep hun. what job are you doing btw?

Donbean Mon 03-Jan-05 13:19:09

OOOOH loads and loads of luck and hugs to you chick. You can do it, you will be fine.
Its so so hard for the first few days, but you can do it. BE BRAVE and think nice thoughts.xxx

tammybear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:27:07

dd will be going to a nursery. she has her settling in period this week with my mum as mum has this week off, and will start going properly from next Monday and go four days a week, and will be looked after my brothers on Fridays. I will be working as a receptionist from 12:30-5:30. This week I have to go in at 10:30 so I can learn the ropes from the receptionist who works in the morning, just hope she doesnt leave all the work for me to do when she finishes in the afternoon, or does all the work and I have nothing to do when i go in

tammybear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:27:36

oh and thanks for wishing me luck going to need it

Gobbledigook Mon 03-Jan-05 13:29:22

Good luck TB!!

Donbean Mon 03-Jan-05 13:30:16

Will you post tomorow evening if you get the time and let us know how you got on..

juniperdewdrop Mon 03-Jan-05 13:31:30

I agree you'll no doubt love it after the first day and dd will enjoy mixing with all the new kiddies and doing fun things at nursery. Plus she'll still have time with you too

tammybear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:35:00

Ive got college tomorrow as well tomorrow night, luckily last lesson and will just be finishing off my work to hand in for my certificate, so going to be so knackered tomorrow evening. Will post and let you know. I hope Ill enjoy it, not too sure what the company does lol. Something to do with controls and switches so got lots to learn! And I think dd will love it at nursery, she went crazy with excitement when we went to visit it, and took her a while to notice I had gone touring around the nursery before she got upset, bless her

juniperdewdrop Mon 03-Jan-05 13:37:41

have you done this work before TB?

tammybear Mon 03-Jan-05 13:39:31

yeah I use to work in an office just before I had dd, I worked there a few months so hoping itll be a bit similar to this. If it is, then hopefully Ill pick it up quickly

Nutcracker Mon 03-Jan-05 13:49:44

Loads of luck TB

tammybear Tue 04-Jan-05 22:07:56

thanks girls for all the luck. had first day today. was a bit slow, just answering telephone and punching holes for catalogues, but hopefully ill learn more this week. tired now though, had college which was none stop as i had to print up all my photos for my certificate. think will go bed soon

Gobbledigook Tue 04-Jan-05 22:10:00

Glad it went OK! Yes, I'm sure it will get more interesting and you'll enjoy it more once you are more familiar with things and can take on more responsibility!

Good on you TB!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now