Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Help.......(please)

(4 Posts)
jupiter Wed 22-Dec-04 10:58:30

I am going back to work and need to find childcare for my 10 month old.

I have two others at school so they will just need the care in the hols so afterschool club would be great for that.

But what concerns me is do I go for a childminder, nanny or nursery?

My husband works flexi time so he can drop the children off to school and the baby off at the childminder(or whoever we choose), I will start early. So he will drop off around 930am and I will pick up around 1230-1pm, so for those hours what would be the best way around it.

I want to know my baby will have good care and at the same time will not just be dumped in a corner to get on with it.

Any experiences or suggestions would be great.

Pls no suggestions of aupairs, I used to work for an aupair agency, and I am sure there are some great aupairs out there but just seen too many bad experiences for my liking. Please no one take offence!

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Wed 22-Dec-04 11:06:17

best suggestion is to get a list of all places (nurseries and childminders) and go and visit them all

then go with your gut feel

for me it was childminder all the way .. I didn't like the nursery idea and wanted my DS to be in a home environment with a couple of other children

a nanny would cost a bit .. but maybe look for a nanny share

EbenyZebraScrooge Wed 22-Dec-04 11:13:27

There are a lotof good threads about this, previously, if you can find 'em.
Personally I prefer a good childminder any day, but there are arguments all ways.

jupiter Thu 23-Dec-04 15:29:09

Thanks for your advice, I rang round a few childminders and have one on standby if needed. She sounds really lovely. A real mumsy mum!

Thanks for your help. Sorry didnt realise there were earlier threads on this otherwise wouldnt have wasted your time.

thanks tho!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now