Talk

Advanced search

Maternity leave date due back?

(5 Posts)
Sunflowerssun Sun 02-Aug-20 15:33:00

I gave birth 8 weeks premature, maternity leave wasn't due to start for another 6 weeks when I gave birth. My little one is now 6 months old and I've never heard from work since I told them I'd gave birth, I thought they would of been in touch telling me that's I'd be expected to return to work 6 weeks earlier than they had confirmed in writing for my smp dates.
Anyone else experienced this?

OP’s posts: |
Greenbks Sun 02-Aug-20 15:36:23

Your manager should have been in touch and if she/he hasn’t then you should company HR sooner rather than later, by law your maternity leave will have started the day after the baby was born

Sunflowerssun Sun 02-Aug-20 15:38:46

Greenbks

Your manager should have been in touch and if she/he hasn’t then you should company HR sooner rather than later, by law your maternity leave will have started the day after the baby was born

That's what I thought, they did start my leave after I gave birth, but they've never been in touch with a due back date.

Boomclaps Sun 02-Aug-20 15:48:06

Your due back date if less than a year after you gave birth will stay the same unless you change it

Sunflowerssun Sun 02-Aug-20 18:25:46

I'll get in contact with them, you would of thought they'd written to me or been in contact to say " from x date to x date you will get smp" and asked if I wanted to return when my smp ends as I didn't agree to take any unpaid leave.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in