Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So....did something REALLY stupid yesterday.....my idiocy amazes me

(27 Posts)
becaroo Wed 12-Sep-07 18:55:26

So, went for a job interview yesterday...nhs admin job. Got to the building, reported at reception, told to wait.

Got called in, the interview panel started asking me questions..started to get a bit confused when they began asking me abut nursery nursing (of which I have no experience) but I battled on.

Anyway, on the way home in the car I passed the building I should have had the interview in...about 2 mins down the road from the other nhs building I had just been to!

Then got a very confused phone call from interviewer....pure coincidence that the two PCT's were interviewing on the same day, and that the first two interviewees had an interview at 12.15 and both had the same first name!!!

Am so ashamed at my muppetry that I have not even told my dh what happened....the interviewer told me I had done "very well, considering.."!!

blush

NAB3 Wed 12-Sep-07 18:57:06

Aw, bless you. Do you get another chance?

cocolepew Wed 12-Sep-07 19:00:16

Did they ofer you the job? Wierd concidence all the same.

Quootiepie Wed 12-Sep-07 19:04:57

oooops!!! lol

gibberish Wed 12-Sep-07 19:07:36

I'm sorry, I had to laugh...

Will they rearrange the interview you were SUPPOSED to attend?

Desiderata Wed 12-Sep-07 19:10:47

Bless! You have to tell dh ... I'm sure he'll laugh his socks off. It is bloody funny, you know grin

BananaPudding Wed 12-Sep-07 19:11:45

What are the odds of such a thing! Well done though, to have got through such a confusing interview! As for telling dh, I likely would say if asked, "oh, it went all right. I'm not expecting to get it, though. I don't think I'm quite what they are looking for."

savethecheerleader Wed 12-Sep-07 21:24:24

What a nightmare. Sounds like you did well though! Do you remember that taxi driver who ended up being interviewed on BBC News 24 live because they had mistaken him for someone else? He was just there to pick someone up or something.

BettySpaghetti Wed 12-Sep-07 21:28:05

So what happened to the person who should have been interviewed by the panel that interviewed you?

Did they go to the interview you should have been at?

smile

hatwoman Wed 12-Sep-07 21:28:30

there are going to give you another chance right? I hope so because that means it's ok for me to laugh...

presumably some other poor woman was wondering why she was being asked so much about her computer/filing/organisation/writing skills...

maisemor Wed 12-Sep-07 21:45:34

Sorry having a wee chuckle to myself her. I am crossing fingers and hope that they are going to reschedule your actual interview.

Anyway are you going to take the job if they offer it to you grin?

chipmonkey Wed 12-Sep-07 22:25:38

Oh, becca!!!grin Really hope the others give you another chance! Well done though for doing well in the wrong one!

kindersurprise Wed 12-Sep-07 22:57:50

Whoops! Sorry, I had to laugh at that.

You are not alone, my DB went for an interview at a hotel in a small town a few years ago. When he arrived there was some confusion, the manager didn't know about the interview. But he did the interview and was told that they would be in touch.

When he got home there was a message on the AB, why had he not turned up for the interview? He had, just not at the right hotel. The two hotels had very similar names.

Btw, he got offered a job at both hotels, so you never know...

becaroo Fri 14-Sep-07 21:10:08

I had an interview earlier that day which I did manage to atend (!) and I got ofered that job which I am accepting.

Am sooo embarrassed by this..the poor woman in HR who I rang to explain myself to literally nearly choked laughing at me...

Thank you all for not mocking me too much smile

cocolepew Fri 14-Sep-07 21:28:54

Good luck (have you written down the address?)

Littlefish Fri 14-Sep-07 21:32:59

Oh poor you. It did make me laugh though.

And, just to make you feel better, my dad once went to a funeral of a good friend. It wasn't until after they'd brought the coffin in and started the eulogy that he realised he was in the wrong service! Both of the deceased had the same first name and the services were at the same time. He'd looked at the wrong noticeboard outside the crematorium.

He had to try and sneak out without anyone noticing! grin

Isababel Fri 14-Sep-07 21:47:45

I'm surprised that they called you for the interview if your name was not in the list. Blessed NHS!

Good thing is that you got the job!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

cocolepew Fri 14-Sep-07 21:55:28

When my friend had just started to go out with her bf they were invited to his friends (who she didn't know) wedding. She went to the loo and went into the wrong reception. While they were having photos taken she realised her bf wasn't there. I wonder what the bride thought when she got the photos back and there was a random woman grinning at the back!?

Frizbe Fri 14-Sep-07 22:00:44

grin

kindersurprise Fri 14-Sep-07 22:42:52

Congratulations!

Have you told your DH yet?

Lio Fri 14-Sep-07 22:46:42

that's a great story becaroo grin
And CONGRATS on job!

becaroo Sat 15-Sep-07 14:21:13

Cocolepew...am fully expecting to get completely lost and end up in the wrong dept on my first day but hey ho...might be some george clooney dr types swanking around the corridors who may take pity on me grin

Feel so much better knowing that similar stuff has happened to other people...havent told my dh yet...but I will (and he will mock me for the rest of my life) blush

Acinonyx Sat 15-Sep-07 14:36:49

They obviously didn't check their paperwork too carefully though so it's certainly not all you fault.

Lol! While living overseas I once went to the wrong embassy for an interview. I remember saying 'So this is not the X embassy - and I don't have an appointment with you!'. I may (hangs head) have actually cried, I was so frustrated. It had been 20 mins before either of us realised our mistake!! Since I was 3 hours late getting to the right place, needles to say, I was not successful...

Good luck...Jill

NineUnlikelyTales Sat 15-Sep-07 14:49:17

I don't think that is as bad as what I did at an interview once.

I entered reception, looking very confident and businesslike. The I asked for the interviewer, Cynthia Payne.

Except that she was Cynthia Something-Else, and not Cynthia Payne the famous Madam. Cue everyone in reception falling about with laughter and me wishing I could just burst into flames and be done with itblush

becaroo Sun 16-Sep-07 11:04:51

heh heh...thats a good one.

Will keep you all fully posted of my muppetry at my new job..I am sure there will be plenty of it!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now