What Jelly did next ...

(1 Post)
Jelly4444 Thu 27-Feb-20 00:09:16

Hello everyone,

I have 3 children. 9, 7 and 5. My husband is a high earner (250k roughly if its relevant) and I potentially have the ability to be a high earner myself. I was made redundant from an investment banking role 3 years ago. I earned a lot less than my husband but still a very good salary.

So after 2 years of looking after the children, which I have loved, I feel that its time to go back to work and prove myself! However, my husband travels frequently for work and he'd be totally delighted if I never worked again but would support me if I did. I appreciate that I'm in a very lucky position to have a choice.

My heart says"Stay at home with the kids". My head says "You need a career!! You can't rely on a man!". FWIW, my husband is fantastic and we are we happy but who knows what might happen in the future.

If I'm honest, I didn't really enjoy my job and the hours meant that I saw the children for only 30 mins for 4 days a week. There was also immense pressure to give more.... weeks, bank holidays and evenings.

I suppose my question is, has anyone else been in a similar situation? What did you do and was it the right decision? Has anyone managed a mumtrepreneur type role that helped them balance both work and children?

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in