Talk

Advanced search

What's best

(3 Posts)
OhWellThatsJustGreat Fri 10-Jan-20 00:54:31

I've got a bit of an internal debate going on at the moment, dh is useless because his answer is "do what will make you happy" as my wage will be the same bar £20-30 a month, the problem is I'll be happy with either option.

I'm due to go back to work week commencing 2nd March, I'll be returning part time, this has been discussed and agreed, the terms of my return are what are in the air, I have 3 choices:

A. 5 days a week, 8.30am - 12.30pm(2 days)/1.30pm(3 days) ds will go to nursary on the 2 mornings I finish at 12.30pm.
B. Same as above but afternoons, 1pm-5.30pm.
C. 3 days (Weds-Fri) 8.30am - 5pm/9am - 5.30pm alternate weeks, ds will go to nursary 1 whole day.

I've already ruled out option b as I don't want to work afternoons as I'll spend my mornings clock watching, so it's a toss up between a and c.

Please wise people of mumsnet, what would you do in my position and why?

OP’s posts: |
Annemarie2002 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:01:59

Hi

I would take option c. Purely because then you have full days at home with your little one on the days you’re not working. So if you’re doing weds, thurs, fri, you have sat, sun, mon, tues at home. The mornings sound good but it’s still getting up rushing around to get ready on those days.

Good luck with whatever you decide!! Xx

Isleepinahedgefund Fri 10-Jan-20 18:09:52

I'd go for c as well - I worked a similar pattern when I returned to work. Deffo best to have whole days off with your baby.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in