Talk

Advanced search

Any one else thinking of leaving work fully?

(7 Posts)
sleepfinder Wed 15-Aug-07 20:19:50

I have a small company of my own that I run almost single handedly. Its more part time than full, but it does sometimes bring in money (and other times less, when business is quiet).

Anyway I've spent some years getting to the point where I'm my own boss, in an industry that I longed to be part of - and now I'm doing exactly that.

But I want to stop and look after my babies.

Has anyone else faced this dilemna? What choices have you made. Who has stopped and has there been regret? Have you had to fill your head with other non-baby things at times?

Sorry so many questions. None of my RL friends or acquaintances even come close to understanding the position I'm currently in.

Loopymumsy Wed 15-Aug-07 20:33:17

Message withdrawn

sleepfinder Wed 15-Aug-07 21:07:12

yes, same league. Company small, tiny, me and a handful of clients.

did you have any regrets though, did your brain implode?

Loopymumsy Thu 16-Aug-07 13:25:35

Message withdrawn

sleepfinder Fri 17-Aug-07 20:06:50

Thanks so much LM for your account and congratulations on #3!

my number 2 is due Dec.

Loopymumsy Fri 17-Aug-07 20:31:13

Message withdrawn

Pickie Thu 30-Aug-07 21:41:39

have the same dilemma. Run own business from home and started of as a hobby whilst on maternity leave of DS, had Dd and then husband has near fatal accident meaning I had to work so took business further. Work from home and finding it very hard, Dh still not recovered (nearly 2 years)and will be home for at least another 12 months.

Money would be very tight if I give up the business but would love to be a stressfree (well not stresses becasue of work)mother there for my babies!

Set myself till Christmas to make a decision as it would be a shame to give up as have invested so much time (and money) in it but on the other hand time with your kids can only be done a once, running companies and work nearly all your life!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now